Government Daycare cheques received??

Has anyone received or heard when the first of the $100 a month daycare cheques that Steven Harper promised will arrive?? Just wondering...I thought they were to go out the first week of July, but I still hadn't seen anything yet. Will it be coming with the baby bonus cheque?

Comments

• Doesn't it replace the baby bonus? If so, it's usually around the 20th of the month.

Are you going to use it for poker? I hope so. Take that, Harper!
  • It is supposed to be in addition to the baby bonus..as far as I know.
  • Yes, it's July 20th they go out. And it looks like you're right...we'll get the child tax benefit AND the child care benefit.

http://www.universalchildcare.ca/en/home.shtml
  • If your kids are UNDER six years old, grrrrrrr!
  • Big E wrote:
    If your kids are UNDER six years old, grrrrrrr!
    Quadruple grrrrrr! :(
  • My youngest just turned 6...technically he needs daycare until school starts this year...wonder if we'll get $100 in July and August......I doubt it! Yet someone who turns 6 in September likely will.....DOH!
  • beanie42 wrote:
    Big E wrote:
    If your kids are UNDER six years old, grrrrrrr!
    Quadruple grrrrrr! :(

Haha...:)
  • You have to register for it too. It is not automatically added to your Baby Bonus.
  • MDSGuy wrote:
    You have to register for it too. It is not automatically added to your Baby Bonus.

You actually don't....my wife checked with the government as well it states on the weblink above that if you get a baby bonus already you do not need to register for this as well.
  • Here is the actual post on the website:

If you are already receiving the Canada Child Tax Benefit, you do not need to apply for the Universal Child Care Benefit. You will receive it automatically. If you do not currently receive the Canada Child Tax Benefit, you will need to apply.
  • Will they be directly deposited if you already get your Baby Bonus direct deposited?
  • Nope. Got ours today - a cheque, but they do include a direct deposit form...
  • I have neither applied nor received the CCTB, so I was pleasantly surprised to receive the $100 cheque today.  Thanks, Stephen Harper.  Now I can go play in a WPT satellite! ;)
  • BlondeFish wrote:
    I have neither applied nor received the CCTB, so I was pleasantly surprised to receive the $100 cheque today.  Thanks, Stephen Harper.  Now I can go play in a WPT satellite! ;)

This is one of the many things wrong with our country. Sad. Very, very sad.
  • Mine arrived too.....
  • Nothing wrong was said.  It was obviously a joke, hence the ;) smiley. 

I have set up an RESP and a couple of "youth" bank accounts for my child.  I have maximized the RESP for my child, so the cheque will go to her bank account while I continue to pay for all of her expenses out of my own dwindling account. :)
    13CARDS wrote:
    This is one of the many things wrong with our country. Sad. Very, very sad.
  • Everyone has the option to bow out of ANY form of Government funding - so if you choose not to support the policy you may be best not to cash the cheque and keep in government coffers.

Further to that, if you do not support tax breaks and would rather have increased spending on social capital, every tax form provides a box to donate your tax return back to the Government. Once again, if you do not support the tax breaks and support increased spending on social capital - I strongly advise you do so.

Ironically, during the previous election the Environics Group, found that approximately 30% of Canadians thought tax breaks were a bad idea and money should be spent on social programming - Yet the CRA reports that less than 1% of Canadians donate their taxes back to the government.

One of those all bark - not bite things.....