Probably late to the table, but holy mother is Omaha great!!

holy crap, I just started playing Omaha today at .25/.50 and .50/1 PL on Prima Network.....

Holy mother are the players soft, one guy went broke with TOP PAIR at least 3 times, never have I seen anything like it. I think I've found my new game.. only thing that sucks is since it's 4 cards you can't mini-view it.. but 2 tables is enough for now.

I've been hearing for a while Omaha is the new way to go, much lower variance and lots of players that don't know what they're doing, but I couldn't believe it was this good.

I realize I had a good day, but I won $300 over maybe 2 hrs at one table .25/.50 and probably 40 min at one table .50/1.

knowing just the basics and nut-peddling is so simple, you will get paid constantly by garbage. One guy called my raise with 2 3 5 10 all clubs and called off his whole stack with top pair 10s!

Comments

• Okay, time to mix in two of my favorite things... poker and a certain movie. Anyways, regarding Omaha....

"You've just taken your first step into a larger world."

Omaha is a great game, the most profitable online right now IMO.

"That's great kid, now don't get cocky"

Be careful, tilt is VERY dangerous in omaha... I reccommend finding some starting hand guides, if you're playing OM or OM/8, make sure you don't get into bad habits of playing poor hands.

Remember, the best quotes I've heard re: Omaha.. "the nuts are out there", "if you can't scoop the pot, don't play the hand (OM/8)", and remember... "the force will be with you always."

Damn, I am such a f*$king geek.

Mark
  • I've got another one for you:

If you are playing PLO8 double check and make damn sure it's not PLO. "But I had the nut low" :'(
  • moose wrote:
    I've got another one for you:

If you are playing PLO8 double check and make damn sure it's not PLO. "But I had the nut low" :'(

Yikes.. done that one too! Damn

Oh, and don't play with a drunk Ron! :)

Mark
  • :s: :d: :c: :h:

Omaha (PLO & O8b) is definitely where the action is online! :fish: :fish:

Last night placed 2nd/413 in the PS $5+.50 MTT for $318 !!  :D:D

Long live Omaha!!
  • The high limit PLO games online are notoriously full of collusion, but the low and middle limits are great games
  • first thing i did after i quit last night was look up some Omaha strategy guides and stuff, most of them were saying stuff I had already picked up along the way so I feel comfortable with that. I know the nuts are always out there, I only paid off one big hand where I was against a bigger full, when the guy spiked his four outer full to his top two against my middle set. I figured I was beat, but he had so little money left I had to pay it, he way overplayed top 2 pair before the river.

I'm gonna stick around the .25/.50 and .50/1 PL games for a while until I get more comfortable with the game. It still takes me a couple seconds to figure out all my outs on big flops, when I can instantly see all my outs, I'll be much more comfortable.
  • I picked up TJ Cloutier/McEvoy's book on Omaha on the weekend. There isn't a ton written about it other places, so, it seemed like a reasonable place to start.
    Morty was right when he said too many TJ "back in the day" stories, but, if you are looking for a starting spot, it covers all the Omaha games.
  • I went to check out what all the fuss was about with Omaha and have been having a great time learning the game at the micro tables. I have a question on counting outs. In these loose low limit games are you mostly always drawing to the nuts or near nuts? Do you loosen up the hands you will draw to when some guy keeps showing down top pair type hands or is it just not worth it. Low limit seems like a nut peddlers game. What % of hands do you typically play? I’m the tightest player at the tables I play and I still play way too many I am sure. I have stuck to the fixed limit games until I get my bearings but will jump into PLO soon. Saving PLO8 for later.

Thanks for the much needed diversion from holdem.
    Al