PokerStars 150 WSOP Seats Guaranteed Tournament

Hey all,

Just wanted to post this here in case people don't normally play Stars. This Sunday they're running a 150 seat guaranteed tournament and I think the buy-in is $360 (with various sub-sats.) They're already over 1,000 registered, so I'm guessing this'll hit about 7-8k before its done.

If you buy-in or win an entry, post here and we'll make sure to get some railbirds to cheer you on!

Comments

• How many people is Stars sending? I know they've already had more than 1000 people win a seat to the main event and the number of satellites they still have on is mind boggling. Might we be looking at 2000 people from Stars alone?
  • I believe their goal was to send 2000 this year. I'm planning to play this and win some W$.
  • I'm about to win a seat from $3R. Sitting chip lead with 13 left. 8 advance.

I can't play in the Sunday tournament though, anyone want to buy the $T/W, whichever one it is?

EDIT: Finished as cheap leader.

Where is best place to sell $W? I got $370W for sale.  :D
  • I have 160 W$. Does anyone know if I can combine W$ and $ to enter this?

EDIT: Nevermind. I see this is at 4:30pm ET...not a good time.
  • I am in for this. Just won a 2K FPP tournament

PokerStars Tournament #27638498, No Limit Hold'em
    Super Satellite
    Buy-In: 2000 FPP
    107 players
    Total Prize Pool: $2140.00
    Target Tournament #21021395 Buy-In: $230.00
    9 tickets to the target tournament

Tournament started - 2006/07/11 - 20:15:00 (ET)

Dear Dillo,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
    You qualified to play in Tournament #21021395 and are automatically
    registered for it.
    See Tournament #21021395 Lobby for further details.

No real Ding Ding.....but it is a start!
  • Hey Tim.

Check out www.cashmanbrian.com

if not, let me know, and I will buy em off you

and Spicol, you can comine $W and cash to enter
  • While I'm not sure if it's true, but I have heard that over 5,000 seats have been taken alone from on line poker sites for the WSOP main event. A site as large as stars sending 2,000 wouldn't be surprising. I guess I gotta go win a satellight on stars to play this.
  • TiMSuM wrote:
    I'm about to win a seat from $3R. Sitting chip lead with 13 left. 8 advance.

I can't play in the Sunday tournament though, anyone want to buy the $T/W, whichever one it is?

EDIT: Finished as cheap leader.

Where is best place to sell $W? I got $370W for sale.  :D

How much you selling for? If I don't qualify by sat night, I'll buy some W$ from you. I'm pretty sure the wsop ones are w$.
  • Last I checked Stars had 1200 people qualified through their site, so they might not quite make 2000. Party must have a ton of people qualified also as well as some of the other major sites. Also, Full Tilt has a 100 seat guarnateed satellite this weekend.
  • Cashmanbrian didn't give a good exchange.

So.....$340W for sale for $300. (Going to keep some $W to try to win another seat, I could possibly play in the Sunday tourney now, but need to pad the bankroll.)

First come first serve. PM or email timsum8@gmail.com
  • I'm in!! GL all! I hope I donk my chips off to one of you!

PokerStars Tournament #27638480, No Limit Hold'em
    Super Satellite
    Buy-In: 2000 FPP
    95 players
    Total Prize Pool: $1900.00
    Target Tournament #21021395 Buy-In: $230.00
    8 tickets to the target tournament

Tournament started - 2006/07/10 - 23:15:00 (ET)

Dear woodywood25,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
    You qualified to play in Tournament #21021395 and are automatically registered
    for it.
    See Tournament #21021395 Lobby for further details.
  • TiMSuM wrote:
    Cashmanbrian didn't give a good exchange.

So.....$340W for sale for $300. (Going to keep some $W to try to win another seat, I could possibly play in the Sunday tourney now, but need to pad the bankroll.)

First come first serve. PM or email timsum8@gmail.com

I dunno if anyone PM'ed me about this, but my messages don't seem to be showing...glitch? I still have these for sale. email me asap: timsum8@gmail.com with you SN on Pokerstars. My SN is: TiMSuM

There's over 4000 ppl registered for the 150 guaranteed today.

EDIT:

So I deleted some messages and the new ones showed. Got $W361 for sale for $305 ~ 85%. Email me asap!!
  • Sent you an email. Yeah looks like pm is glitchy. Had to delete my old messages before a new one came. Now I have -1 messages.
  • I find it humorous that people are so excited for this tourney.  There is NO overlay.  It is just a massive $370 satellite.  Satting into the sat is exciting I guess but otherwise you are playing a regular tourney with regualr odds.  You are paying 1/34 of the cost of the package and have a 1/34 chance of winning one.  Plus the juice.  I just get a kick out of the marketing and how well it works!!

Good luck all who play, I am sensing at least 2-3 from thsi site are going!

Teach
  • How did you figure there was no overlay? At 12:30 there still was.
  • Teach, we all know you can come first place every time you play.
    On the other hand, if you think there isn't a monsterous advantage to playing a 7000 player satellite for 250 packages, as opposed to your 100 man sat for 3 packs, you need to rethink about what you are talking about.
    Anytime stars finds 7000 players looking to play a 350 buyin tourney while 3 WSOP live events are going on, you can bet yur ass we are gonna get excited.

SIGN ME THE HELL UP!

good luck to the rest who are in.
  • You make a good point Kev.....

About me winning any event I enter!

OK OK ...about the satellite as well.