Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva

For UFC/Chuck Liddell fans.  It's official.  But there are a lot of "ifs" in the article.   If it does work out, should be good!

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=2346&zoneid=13

sstar

Comments

• Wanderlei will knock Chuck silly....TKO round 1 due to strikes.
  • Chuck is one tough cookie, well they both are.....first guy to land a clean blow wins!
  • Great fight!!! Finally a UFC fight worth watching. Silva has looked a little soft lately, but if he comes in focused... R.I.P Chuck Liddell.
  • 1st time ever a Pride & UFC champ fight one another. Possibly 1 of the greatest fights ever. :D
  • TexLexus wrote:
    Great fight!!!  Finally a UFC fight worth watching.  Silva has looked a little soft lately, but if he comes in focused... R.I.P Chuck Liddell.

Soft....have you seen him destroying his opponents in the Open Weight Tourney. He just knocked out Ironhead who at the age of 36 had never been knocked out in his career because he is a medical freak of nature (his skull is twice as thick as the normal humans). The only problem might be he could fight Cro-Cop and Nogueira/Barnett in the same night in September at the OWGP Finals and then fight Liddell within a month.
  • My bad. I was refering to his 2 fights with Ricardo Arona. I just want to see more of the animal that destroyed Quentin Jackson twice.
  • True....Silva has problems with very good wrestlers, they negate his striking capabilities. What will suck for Silva as well as the UFC rules do not allow for stomps which Silva is vicious with.

Don't forget though....Wanderlei has not been Ko'd or TKO'd since 1998 when he was in a baerknuckle IVC match in Brazil when the match had to be stopped because of a sever cut. That is 8 years and more then 35 fights since he has been stopped.

Also Wanderlei beat Rampage Jackson twice...Rampage destroyed Chuck.
  • Chuck reportedly had a bad acl when he fought Rampage. Nevermind that though. Silva at the top of his game can outstrike anyone, including Liddell. I only hope he doesn't get DQ'd for accidentally landing a knee to the head while Chuck is down.
  • The main issue is Silva has to be injury-free, tough that he is fighting Cro-Cop 2 months
    before Nov.

The last time Silva was TKO'd was at UFC Brazil, vs. Belfort.

MMAMath doesn't add up. Rampage beat Liddell, Liddell beat Ortiz (who beat Silva).

Don't care who wins, just can't wait. Maybe the most hyped fight ever!
  • Ortiz?!?! Don't even mention that boys name in the same breath as Silva or Liddell? He's nowhere near the same fighter he was when he beat Silva. He thinks he's a tough guy again because he beat up The Fossil Ken Shamrock and squeeked by The Noobie Forrest Griffen? C'mon Tito, fight someone good. Oh that's right, the whole point of this comeback is to keep winning. Who's next, Joe Rogan?
  • TexLexus wrote:
    Ortiz?!?!  Don't even mention that boys name in the same breath as Silva or Liddell?  He's nowhere near the same fighter he was when he beat Silva.  He thinks he's a tough guy again because he beat up The Fossil Ken Shamrock and squeeked by The Noobie Forrest Griffen?  C'mon Tito, fight someone good.  Oh that's right, the whole point of this comeback is to keep winning.  Who's next, Joe Rogan?

I wasn't suggesting Ortiz is as good as Liddell & Silva. Someone said Silva beat Rampage who beat Liddell, insinuating that it means Silva will beat Liddell. MMAMath doesn't work. I don't care who wins, as long as it's a great fight.

IMO, Shogun is #1 @ 205.
  • I'd love it if Silva and Shogun fought full time in the UFC. They'd run though everyone. I'd like to see Shogun vs Griffen AND Bonnar in a hadicap match. OK, now I'm out of control.
    When is GSP gonna fight Hughes? Dana White has been protecting his boy for too long.
  • TexLexus wrote:
    Ortiz?!?!  Don't even mention that boys name in the same breath as Silva or Liddell?  He's nowhere near the same fighter he was when he beat Silva.  He thinks he's a tough guy again because he beat up The Fossil Ken Shamrock and squeeked by The Noobie Forrest Griffen?  C'mon Tito, fight someone good.  Oh that's right, the whole point of this comeback is to keep winning.  Who's next, Joe Rogan?

Forrest isn't good? He can mix it up with the best of them. Forrest vs Bonner 2 should be interesting, though Evans handled Bonner pretty easily a couple weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure GSP vs Hughes will be #63. Give viewers a chance to see him a big more in Ultimate Fighter to build him up.

Hopefully this is all the beginning of more cross promotion fighting
  • GSP vs Hughes was officially announced as the main event for UFC 63 a few days ago.
  • Shogun is the best fighter at 205 100% as long as his elbow has healed properly.
  • oh my goodness, more fight fans!!!!!!!!!!

I am in love with MMA.

I remember watching UFC when i was a kid and loving it.

any of you guys wanna bet on any of thses fights?

johnny
  • I bet quite often on beteagle.com on the MMA events and do quite well. There is also a fantasy online mma site winmma.com if you are interested.
  • I hope GSP smacks the Xyience Breakfast Bar right out of his mouth then snaps his arm in two.