Comments

• Well, at least we can look forward to some interesting advertising perhaps. Coors and Molson have excellent advertising IMO. But yeah, that sucks that ew couldnt have kept him home owned.
  • stpboy wrote:
    Well, at least we can look forward to some interesting advertising perhaps. Coors and Molson have excellent advertising IMO. But yeah, that sucks that ew couldnt have kept him home owned.

I agree about the advertising! And at least Sleeman, Moosehead, and Keith's are still home-owned. Mmmmmmm, Sleeman.....aaaaaaaaaccccccgggggghhh (I guess there's really no good way to write Homer's gargling noise!).
  • I wonder if the brand name "Canadian" will be changed to "North American"

Bahhh...doesn't matter, the only Molson product I really like is special dry.

My favourites:

Blue :canada: (actually, Labatt is owned by a Sweish company i think)
    Keiths :canada:
    Moosehead :canada:
    Corona
    Carib
  • What the hell...do only people from KW drink beer! :)
  • I think 1 or 2 folks from Newfoundland have the occasional beer.
  • What the hell...do only people from KW drink beer! :)

We here in Brantford are still under the laws of Prohibition :(
  • Labatt is owned by Interbrew, a Belgian company. At least one of the (former) big two Canadian brewers is know owned by a country that knows a little something about brewing beer. ;)

My favorites (in no particular order)

Corona
    Stella Artois (incidentally, brewed by Interbrew)
    Lakeport Honey Lager (cheap at The Beer Store right now, and not bad at all) :canada:
    Sleeman Cream Ale :canada:
    Leffe Blond (Interbrew again)
    Caffrey's
    Grasshopper (from Alberta, and unfortunately, very difficult to get a fresh bottle of it in Ontario) :canada:

And sadly, a beer no longer being produced AFAIK:

Algonquin Honey Brown (formerly brewed by Brick, the rights to it were purchased by Molson, and it was later discontinued) :canada:

ScottyZ
  • CREEMORE CREEMORE CREEMORE CREEMORE CREEMORE

It's the nectar of the Gods!!!
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Stella Artois (incidentally, brewed by Interbrew)
    Caffrey's

Ooh, both excellent choices, Scotty.
  • all_aces wrote:
    CREEMORE CREEMORE CREEMORE CREEMORE CREEMORE

I dated a girl for almost two years who's uncle was the founder of Creemore Springs brewery. She introduced it to me, not a bad beer at all.

I enjoy a nice Caffrey's, Smithwicks or Corona depending on my mood. Sometimes I'll just take out the aqua valva, splash it on my face and lick it off my lips. aaaacchhhhhhcccllllkkkk.....Aqua valva....
  • all_aces wrote:
    CREEMORE CREEMORE CREEMORE CREEMORE CREEMORE

I am with Aces here. Perhaps my favorite spring/summer beer

Of course being an Alberta Boy living in Hogtown, I was happy to find a few bars that tap Big Rock brews. Trad, Grass, and Warthog can be found (on occasion) at the Jersey Giant. Of course you can get them in bottles but they really are Draft beers, bottling just doesn't do them justice.

Keith's is my fall and winter choice.