Teddy KGB Rounders Question

Not sure if this has been asked or discussed before but in the last hand of Rounders what do you think Teddy KGB has.

Mike on the BB has :8s :9s .Teddy Limps and Mike doubles the blinds, Teddy calls. Blinds are 100/200.

Flop:

:6d :7s :10h

Mike Checks.

Teddy bets 1000.

Mike Calls

Turn:

:2c

Mike Checks

Teddy bets the pot. 4400.

Mike calls.

River:

:as

Mike Checks

Teddy goes all-in, Mike calls and shows him the nuts.

What does Teddy have?

Comments

• My first guess would be AT or perhaps 67 but in the movie when the Ace falls on the river Teddy KGB says something like 'That Ace couldn't have helped you' to Mike...and if that's the case the only hand he could be on where an A could not help Mike would be AA....and since there was a black A on the board I'll say red aces......

:ah  :ad
  • I think Teddy KGB was overplaying :ad :kc. :D

PS...best line: "I feel like Buckner walking back into Shea."

Johnnie
  • I'd put him on pocket 6's or 7's.

He thought he was trapping....

Hobbes
  • Even Jesus wasn't sure (commentary on my dvd).

The experts said anything from a bluff to 2pair to a set.

:D

Hobbes
  • Hobbes wrote:
    Even Jesus wasn't sure (commentary on my dvd).

The experts said anything from a bluff to 2pair to a set.

Jesus wasn't sure but came around to put him on Aces, didn't he? Then Moneymaker said something stupid. Then, "The End".

I don't mind Hellmuth as much as some guys, but he was a real prima donna in that commentary.
  • I"m glad I never watched the commentary then. I think Teddy had AA personally. But then again who really knows, it's a movie he could have had suited A's :) after all it was his club.
  • My thoughts - pocket 10s.

Reason: When Mr McDermott replies to Mr. KGBs "That Ace could not have help..." by saying "you're right Daddy the Ace didn't help me...", there is a shot of Mr. KGB looking relieved. At least I think so...
  • 88Fingers wrote:
    My thoughts - pocket 10s.

Reason:  When Mr McDermott replies to Mr. KGBs "That Ace could not have help..." by saying "you're right Daddy the Ace didn't help me...", there is a shot of Mr. KGB looking relieved.  At least I think so...

I always figured either pocket 10's or pocket Ace's, but I think it is 10's. If they were playing for a long time and it is late, when KGB hit's trip 10's off of the flop he has to think he is trapping Mike and is blinded by his trip 10's to any straights. He think Mike has over cards to the board and when the Ace appears on the end he figures Mike only has a pair of Ace's and his 10's are good.
  • Personally, I think the script told him to TILT no matter what he had. :D
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    Personally, I think the script told him to TILT no matter what he had. :D

LMAO!!
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    Personally, I think the script told him to TILT no matter what he had.  :D

There's always got to be one jack ass in the group......usually it's me but it looks like AJ is trying to steal my thunder.

donkey.gif
  • BigChrisEl wrote:
    STR82ACE wrote:
    Personally, I think the script told him to TILT no matter what he had. :D

There's always got to be one jack ass in the group......usually it's me but it looks like AJ is trying to steal my thunder.

Better the jackass than the DONKEY, BubbleBoy!! :D
  • He might of had the "Rules of Poker" card and one of the Jokers.
  • I lost my read on his hands when he tossed his Oreo's at Gramma.