Dontactular suckouts on stars

I don't want this to be a bad beat post, but I don't understand why on stars the dontactular plays always seem to pay off on stars. I went back to try and clear a $60 bonus yet I watch continuously seriously bad calls, marginal calls, tptk when I have a set and they seem to get paid off. I know I"ve seen the same seriously bad calls on pacific but they get paid off no where near as much. I know sometimes they have to hit but the frequency seems to me to be incredible. This trip is my last time to stars, but I guess it will cost me money to get my bonus about $40 I would guess as I will probably lose $100 to clear the $60 but since I"m so close to clearing I'll pay it off.

To those who play on stars how do you cope with this as I can't believe what I see.

Comments

• AcidJoe wrote:
    To those who play on stars how do you cope with this as I can't believe what I see. 

By realizing it's just a quirk of randomness.  I find Stars "normal" and PokerRoom to be "against the odds", but that's just how the randomness lines up in my world.  The easiest way to deal with it is to keep reminding yourself it really is random, and when it seems even more improbable, remind yourself again.  Don't allow yourself to start believing the "x isn't rigged, but it's less random", or you will turn it into a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Also remember that the more the donks chase and hit, the worse the players in the game, and thus a bigger profit for you (if you can ride out the variance).  More suckouts simply means more fish making more bad decisions more often.
  • I agree with Beanie....

I recently signed up to UB for their bonus.....and I fared horribly. Kept losing to two outers, all that good stuff. I don't play at UB anymore, but not because I think that the site is less random or whatever. Only because it has pyschologically affected me to the point that if I were to play it, my confidence wouldn't be where it should be.

If you can play without emotion, then you should stay where ever you see a donkfest. For me, I know that my state of mind, maybe even subconsciously, could lead to poor play on my part if I stayed with UB. So....I went back to doyle's room, the last site I played and fared well, and I'm back on track. I'm leaving an uncleared deposit bonus at UB...but I figure i'd be better off to find another site with a similar bonus, where I know I'll be starting with a clear state of mind....
  • Say it isn't so Joe. You went back to Stars? Just stay away. You'll be a happier guy for it.
  • I think I"m getting the hint moose....... going to hit up some sites i've never been too and bonus whore the hell out of them. Stupid me went back to clear an old bonus and proceeded to get killed again.

Mind you given how I got donked out large live today but then again in a 6 player sng with 30 chips and 1 2 blinds to start it's easy to get donked out on.......
  • Speaking of donktacular suckouts....

PokerStars Game #5458731667: Tournament #27318121, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level XXIV (30000/60000) - 2006/07/05 - 00:49:26 (ET)
    Table '27318121 60' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 1: Camm (658070 in chips)
    Seat 2: supersvenske (930694 in chips)
    Seat 3: MDSGuy24 (1344029 in chips)
    Seat 4: Darkfall211 (4199963 in chips)
    Seat 5: kaj_kyle (3892588 in chips)
    Seat 6: WormSlick (311656 in chips)
    Camm: posts the ante 3000
    supersvenske: posts the ante 3000
    MDSGuy24: posts the ante 3000
    Darkfall211: posts the ante 3000
    kaj_kyle: posts the ante 3000
    WormSlick: posts the ante 3000
    MDSGuy24: posts small blind 30000
    Darkfall211: posts big blind 60000
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to MDSGuy24 [9d 9s]
    kaj_kyle: folds
    Darkfall211 said, "we will see at the en kaj"
    WormSlick said, "all these nasty suckouts"
    WormSlick: folds
    Camm: folds
    supersvenske: raises 180000 to 240000
    MDSGuy24: raises 1101029 to 1341029 and is all-in
    Darkfall211: calls 1281029
    supersvenske: folds
    Darkfall211 said, "you have to sup"
    *** FLOP *** [Ks Td 2c]
    supersvenske said, "j j"
    *** TURN *** [Ks Td 2c] [4c]
    kaj_kyle said, "LOL"
    *** RIVER *** [Ks Td 2c 4c] [Kc]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    MDSGuy24: shows [9d 9s] (two pair, Kings and Nines)
    Darkfall211: shows [7c 6c] (a flush, King high)
    kaj_kyle said, "OOOOO"
    WormSlick said, "oh my goddddd"
    Darkfall211 collected 2940058 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 2940058 | Rake 0
    Board [Ks Td 2c 4c Kc]
    Seat 1: Camm folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: supersvenske (button) folded before Flop
    Seat 3: MDSGuy24 (small blind) showed [9d 9s] and lost with two pair, Kings and Nines
    Seat 4: Darkfall211 (big blind) showed [7c 6c] and won (2940058) with a flush, King high
    Seat 5: kaj_kyle folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: WormSlick folded before Flop (didn't bet)