What's your play here?

It's 4 handed Limit poker on the bubble.

1' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: battlenow (3806 in chips)
Seat 2: POPS1953 (4848 in chips)
Seat 7: Acidjoe (1980 in chips)
Seat 9: banditmilo (2866 in chips)
battlenow: posts small blind 300
POPS1953: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Acidjoe [Ac Qd]

What's you play knowing once you play your committed to the pot. You can raise all in since it's limit but if you raise your pot committed. Do you call and see the flop and bail if an A or K comes, do you raise and hope to steal the blinds? If your re rasied where do you go? I'd like to hear what others think then I'll post what I did which I'm still not sure was correct.

Comments

• fold and sleep it off.

actually, you are short stack and have a good hand. go for it.
  • Raise and continue hitting raise until all your chips are in the middle. Seriously, how is doing anything else even close to reasonable?
  • That was my thought process and here is what happened. 

Acidjoe: raises 600 to 1200
    banditmilo: folds
    battlenow: folds
    POPS1953: calls 600
    *** FLOP *** [Kd 7h Jh]
    POPS1953: bets 600  <---- now what?  This was the flop I feared and it arrived.

I know I've committed to getting my chips in the middle, and POPS should know that.
  • 4 handed with AQ on buble short stacked? RAIIIIIISE
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    That was my thought process and here is what happened. 

Acidjoe: raises 600 to 1200
    banditmilo: folds
    battlenow: folds
    POPS1953: calls 600
    *** FLOP *** [Kd 7h Jh]
    POPS1953: bets 600  <---- now what?  This was the flop I feared and it arrived. 

I know I've committed to getting my chips in the middle, and POPS should know that. 

Get the rest in of course. You have 7-10 outs if behind and there's lots of draws/air he can be bluffing with.
  • In limit I call this my Alamo hand - I am going to the end and betting every street until I die.

With those stacks you are committed to the river no matter what. If you raise pf and someone has a good hand they will call you. If you raise pf they will expect you to bet the flop regardless, so a good hand still calls you on the flop.

So in the case where I don't have enough chips to bet every street, I just call. Weak hands will fold on the flop regardless. Strong hands will also more likely fold when you limp - bet the flop because now they will think you hit the flop. What you don't want to do is get your opponent thinking he is committed to the river as well.

Yes you run the risk of being out flopped, but it balances with maybe you get the sb in the pot as well. You need chips. Getting everyone to fold pf only buys you another orbit before your 'Alamo' comes up again.
  • I did bet it to the end and was outflopped. I'll save the rest of the gory details but was really behind:

battlenow said, "gg"
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 4260 | Rake 0
    Board [Kd 7h Jh 2d 3d]
    Seat 1: battlenow (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 2: POPS1953 (big blind) showed [Kh 6h] and won (4260) with a pair of Kings
    Seat 7: Acidjoe showed [Ac Qd] and lost with high card Ace
    Seat 9: banditmilo (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

I looked at it and wondered how fast they'd let me push my chips in, and kept pushing regardless. banditmilo was out the very next hand, and began wondering if that was the correct play. I still think it was and after reading everyone's responses I was correct. I didn't even mind stealing the blinds since yes it only buys me an orbit but may have allowed me to place. Mind you he may not have played the next hand so hard had I not gone out. I only called his $600 and the rest (I think it was $120) went in on the next street.