Prime example of why I cannot watch the sport

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1696536/

It makes me sick to see grown men look like such pussies.

Don't get me wrong, I think soccer players are among the best of athletes, but the fact the diving aspect is "apart of the game" kills it for me.

Comments

• I agree, it's rediculous and it's the reason I rarely watch....I saw one game, can't remember the teams but one player went up for a header and then simply fell untouched by another player, rolled around in apparent agony while they brought a stretcher out. As soon as he crossed the sidelines he jumped off the stretcher and went right back into the game? Those types of players are nothing but pussies. Not to pigeon hole teams but you rarely see this from teams like England, Germany, Australia, it's usually teams like Portugal, Spain, Italy, and Brazil?
  • Big E wrote:
    I agree, it's rediculous and it's the reason I rarely watch....I saw one game, can't remember the teams but one player went up for a header and then simply fell untouched by another player, rolled around in apparent agony while they brought a stretcher out. As soon as he crossed the sidelines he jumped off the stretcher and went right back into the game? Those types of players are nothing but pussies. Not to pigeon hole teams but you rarely see this from teams like England, Germany, Australia, it's usually teams like Portugal, Spain, Italy, and Brazil?

They should use the instant replay to suspend players after the game for diving. All the diving Ronaldo did in Brazil's loss to France would have embarassed an Italian. With respect to the stretcher, once it is called for by the ref, the player must get on it and off the field or he will be carded. Occassionally players roll on the ground, slowly walk to the ball to kick the goalkick, or player substitutions just to waste time. This would stop if soccer adapted a stop time system like in hockey. Soccer definitely needs some rule changes and there should be some changes in the leadership of FIFA.