TigerGaming.com Tournament #1727140, WSOP Stage 5

Tournament Details:
Buy-In: $56+$7 or 315 Copper
9 players
Total Prize Pool: -
Tournament started: 06/30/06 at 18:51:25 EDT
Tournament ended: 06/30/06 at 20:49:26 EDT

Dear Moose04,

You finished the tournament in the 1st place.

Winnings:
2,520 Copper Coins

Congratulations!
Thank you for participating.

Whoo hoo! 11 people stand between me and the WSOP but the next 2 levels are 6 man sngs which I've never played.

Comments

• Wow!! Awesome!!

Play it like you are at a FT and there are 6 players left. Don't treat it any different. Play to win.

Ok, so I really don't have any 'real' advice, but I know you can do it!!

BEST OF LUCK ROB!!!

JohnnieH
  • get gta to play em for ya. he says he's good at it.

wtf are copper coins?
  • coins are from poker in canada and affiliates site work like steps...

6 max is not much different from full sng's.. play as you normally do in a 10 man when there is 6 left...

use position well be a little more aggressive and loosen up starters..
  • Good luck Rob. I play 6 max sng's and usually use the same strategy to start with as a full table. I don't want to get involved in battles early unless I have good hand. Once the blinds become larger, then steal, you'll most likely have lost one player by then so use position and play aggressive. As previous players have said, treat it like a full table that has become short handed, loosen up your starters and play hard.

Not to hijack but I've got 90 people to tackle on pacific this afternoon for my WSOP seat. Hopefully I can get 'er done.
  • GL to both Rob and Joe.

Take em down boys.
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    Not to hijack but I've got 90 people to tackle on pacific this afternoon for my WSOP seat. Hopefully I can get 'er done.

Good luck, Joe! Remeber what Rob Snyder says: "Yoouu caan doooo it!"
  • Hopefully you do better than me Rob. With 60 people left and sitting in 20th, I've got top 2 pair on a board that ended up 4 to a straight my opponent goes all in. I move the mouse to click fold and must have hit call. My 2 pair lost to his straight. Out the next hand. Worse mis click of my life.
  • Wow. That's too bad. I am going to play Step 6 tomorrow, Step 7 goes every Fri night.

2520 copper coins are worth $503.
  • GL what time does it go and maybe I'll come watch. I'm supposed to go to a friends trailer tomorrow but if the weather doesn't co operate I'll be around.
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    Hopefully you do better than me Rob. With 60 people left and sitting in 20th, I've got top 2 pair on a board that ended up 4 to a straight my opponent goes all in. I move the mouse to click fold and must have hit call. My 2 pair lost to his straight. Out the next hand. Worse mis click of my life.

Just an fyi Joe I went on to win the thp tourney :D . So at least a pokerforum.ca member took it down! Hopefully Ill do us proud at the ME!
  • Can't play Tiger tourneys are all down right now.  They assure me in a few hours.... :rage:
  • sinc wrote:
    AcidJoe wrote:
    Hopefully you do better than me Rob.  With 60 people left and sitting in 20th, I've got  top 2 pair on a board that ended up 4 to a straight my opponent goes all in.  I move the mouse to click fold and must have hit call.  My 2 pair lost to his straight.  Out the next hand.  Worse mis click of my life. 

Just an fyi Joe I went on to win the thp tourney :D .  So at least a pokerforum.ca member took it down!  Hopefully Ill do us proud at the ME!

Sweet Good luck!

stp
  • Still down. Now they say within 24 hours. Online poker is rigged. Actually I would be just as happy to convince them to offer me the $503.
  • Ya get the $503 and play the $350 WSOP on the weekend live the Riverratjosh is running. That would be sweet
  • Ok railbirders. I wasn't planning on playing this late but I registered and while I wasn't paying attention it filled. So here we go.

Good start. Raised the pot on the flop with KJ, called by J8o, runner runner flush for him.
  • Ok played 2 hands, won one and I have locked up 3rd place which is at least a buyin back to stage 5, before the end of the 2nd level.  Man these guys were donks.

Only problem now is I'm outchipped 3:1 by both my opponents.
  • Oh well, JJ vs QQ and he caught a J on the river. Back to stage 5.
  • Good going moose at least your not out. GL on the retry time.
  • moose, how often are these sngs running at these later stages? Might have to give it a shot, I love sh sngs.
  • There seems to be a lot of action because it wraps up this week. Stage 4 which is a $8 buy in ends tomorrow.

I can't go to the WSOP now anyways but I thought I'd give it a shot anyways. Started at Stage 3 and spent about $4 total before I started working my way up.

http://www.actionpokernetwork.com/wsop06/index.html
  • I'm gone. I'm done. My last coins gone in Stage 5. Pocket QQ vs a flopped set of fours. Definitely will gvie this a solid shot next year though. The play at Stage 6 was so terrible it is definitely winnable. This year I was just fooling around because I didn't think I would be able to go anyways (which came true).
  • A wise man once told me online poker is rigged...another bot to the WSOP!
  • lol I can see some guy carrying his laptop to the WSOP and try to register it.
  • moose wrote:
    lol I can see some guy carrying his laptop to the WSOP and try to register it.

But I haven't won my way there yet moose...... :)