Preflop Min Raises in NL Tourney

Ok folks. This has become a real pet peeve of mine lately.
Seem like every time I turn around someone is min raising preflop.

Let's say that you were planning on calling the BB and a player min raises in front of you.

What would you do?

Myself I still call.

Hobbes

Comments

• Hobbes wrote:
    Let's say that you were planning on calling the BB and a player min raises in front of you.
    What are the relative stacks, how weak/strong is my hand, how many are left to act behind me, and what reads do I have on this player? A min-raise can mean a bunch of different things, so a "one size fits all" response (such as those listed in the poll) seems inadequate. Personally, I do "all of the above" depending on the specific situation.
  • I find the last option hilarious. I said this exact thing to my tourney table on Tuesday night. It wasn't just one player either. About 5 of the 10 were min raising constantly.

As Beanie said, It all depends on read, the cards, situation and position. But if the table is loose and a lot of players are calling the frequent min raise, my plan doesn't change much - I'll still call with medium strength drawing hands and small pairs in LP. I suppose it's similar to having the blinds increase, if you want to think of it that way.
  • add an option - tell them to play on Noble Poker - the home of the min-raising donk
  • Min reraise and say we can do this all night.
  • Your right beanie...Just venting a little.
    Mostly it's Donks min raising.

See way too much min rasing going on and you just wanna bitchslap em..... :D

Hobbes
  • Depends on position and blinds vs stack sizes... but I don't put too much thought into the min raise unless I have reason to (past hands shown with min raises)
  • If a reasonable player min raises (or limps UTG) it sends out WARNING WILL ROBINSON WARNING. Now the normal pacific poker or party poker donks, I let them and trash them with the all in re raise or min re raise back. They are entiled to make the raise so why worry. I played on sng on pacific that was supposed to be NL yet everyone who raised min raised or min reraised and looked shocked after a utg min raise and 4 callers that I pushed in on the button and they went like WTF.