Pokerstars = Rigged!!

PokerStars Game #5386916831: Hold'em Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2006/06/27 - 21:49:38 (ET)
Table 'Isora' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: stpboy77 ($83 in chips)
Seat 2: imacalling ($48.25 in chips)
Seat 3: MidConnector ($20.75 in chips)
Seat 4: zacb00m ($38.75 in chips)
Seat 5: rlksquared ($30.50 in chips)
rlksquared: posts small blind $0.25
stpboy77: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to stpboy77 [Js Ts]
imacalling: raises $0.50 to $1
MidConnector: folds
zacb00m: raises $0.50 to $1.50
rlksquared: folds
stpboy77: calls $1
imacalling: calls $0.50
*** FLOP *** [3d 9s Qs]
stpboy77: bets $0.50
zacb00m: raises $0.50 to $1
stpboy77: calls $0.50
*** TURN *** [3d 9s Qs] [3s]
stpboy77: bets $1
imacalling: folds
zacb00m: raises $1 to $2
stpboy77: raises $1 to $3
zacb00m: calls $1
*** RIVER *** [3d 9s Qs 3s] [Ks]
stpboy77: bets $1
zacb00m: raises $1 to $2
stpboy77: raises $1 to $3
zacb00m: calls $1
*** SHOW DOWN ***
stpboy77: shows [Js Ts] (a straight flush, Nine to King)
zacb00m: mucks hand
stpboy77 collected $19 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $19.75 | Rake $0.75
Board [3d 9s Qs 3s Ks]
Seat 1: stpboy77 (big blind) showed [Js Ts] and won ($19) with a straight flush, Nine to King
Seat 2: imacalling folded on the Turn
Seat 3: MidConnector folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: zacb00m (button) mucked [Ad As]
Seat 5: rlksquared (small blind) folded before Flop

I'm so glad PS is rigged! :D

Comments

• it would be better if he had 33, then it would be rigged.
  • Right now zacb00m is bitching on another forum how his quads got beat.

Shorthanded I know, but cold calling 2 bets with J10s?
  • Imacalling is a complete donk, I was interested in playing every pot that he was involved in. Oh, and all_aces likes JTs so now I do as well :D

stp
  • An example of terrible shorthanded play. Calling 2 bets cold with a drawing hand OOP when you don't even complete the betting is a huge leak when 3 handed.
    Not capping the flop with 3 players staying in to see the turn is also a huge leak. Reraising the river, also very bad.
  • Lucky hand - you're probably on his buddy list now ;)
    GTA Poker wrote:
    An example of terrible shorthanded play.  Calling 2 bets cold with a drawing hand OOP when you don't even complete the betting is a huge leak when 3 handed. 
    Not capping the flop with 3 players staying in to see the turn is also a huge leak.  Reraising the river, also very bad.
    I agree about the pre-flop and flop comments, but "Reraising the river, also very bad"? Ignoring the previous mistakes, now that you've gotten here, you have the pure nuts. Why is re-raising bad?
  • Sorry,I misread the hand on the river, thought he had K hi flush...my apologies
  • Ugh, this was a 6 handed game. I wouldn't call anything in this hand 'terrible', there are more than just one way to play poker. Does the fact that the one guy actually had a hand factor into your comments?

stp
  • so rigged
  • My point is exactly that, it is 6 handed. I'm not sure if you're playing .5/1 to play or playing to win, so that obviously factors into things.

But, if you're playing to win then flat calling 2 more bets with JTs out of position is a losing play, especially short handed and regardless of the results.

Once you're there if you are sure that these 2 are staying in for the turn then the best value on your hand is getting as much money in on the flop with an open ended str flush draw with 3 players in the pot.

And yes, it is rigged. Once I pushed with AK and lost to AJ.
  • What GTA said (minus the short-handed skill to back up the comments ;) ).
    stpboy wrote:
    Does the fact that the one guy actually had a hand factor into your comments?
    No
    stpboy wrote:
    there are more than just one way to play poker.
    There are subtle ways to play differently, but there simply isn't that much room for creativity compared to NL. The cold-call pre-flop is a losing play long-term.
  • I'd probably three bet the flop for value.
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    My point is exactly that, it is 6 handed. I'm not sure if you're playing .5/1 to play or playing to win, so that obviously factors into things.

But, if you're playing to win then flat calling 2 more bets with JTs out of position is a losing play, especially short handed and regardless of the results.

Once you're there if you are sure that these 2 are staying in for the turn then the best value on your hand is getting as much money in on the flop with an open ended str flush draw with 3 players in the pot.
    I'm a donk online, and I thought stpboy's play was fine. I repeat... I am a donk online.
    GTA Poker wrote:
    And yes, it is rigged. Once I pushed with AK and lost to AJ.
    I do win occasionally though when my AJ crushes AK.

/g2
  • stpboy wrote:
    Imacalling is a complete donk, I was interested in playing every pot that he was involved in. 

stp

This player raised about 80% of the hands he was in, the re-raise could have meant anything at all as it was completely obvious to everyone at the table that he was generally playing trash. I don't think in this situation that calling two bets on the flop was necessarily bad, regardless of the results. I think 6-handed you can have a wider range of hands that you can call preflop with and can be a winning player by doing this. I have always only been a winning player playing 6-handed limit poker, I'm playing to win and not just for the sake of playing. In saying all of this, I do appreciate the comments and enjoy the debate around why you wouldn't make this play.

stp
  • GTA Poker wrote:

And yes, it is rigged.  Once I pushed with AK and lost to AJ.

I was kidding about it being rigged. Hence the multiple :D
  • Sounds good..obviously I have n oread on anyone in the hand. In a typical low limit 6 max game (typical generally meaning passive) this is a losing play.

You keep saying that 6 handed gives you an excuse to play more hands. This is true, but calling reraises with J hi short handed is not the type of more hands that you should be playing, in general.