My best night online! (so far...)

And no, this has nothing to do with Victor Chandler. ;);)

I decided to give vcpoker a break and headed over to PartyPoker where my main bankroll is. (I swear I'm going to withdraw some, someday so I can play some of the tournaments you guys set up.)

I've been playing poker since March and my initial bankroll of $75 was quickly lost, and the second roll of $75 was $11 away from being lost, but I was evenually able to build it back up to even and it's been that way with casual play for a few months... until tonight!

I first sat down at two 10+1 SnG and did not make the money in either. I felt off my game and I think needed a change of pace.

So, I took $50 and sat down on the 1/2 limit tables, quickly reducing my roll to $32. About to give up I finally got a good hand and got close to even. What then followed was an incredible run of cards. (Getting bet into when U had the goods and having others fold when I didn't) and worked my way up to $113!

Magically, holes then filled my game as I got overconfident, and I burned it down to $73 over the course of about 20 minutes. Bad. Very bad. I luckily hit a couple more good hands and got up to about $85 and called it a session. (So, counting the SnG's, I was up about $13.)

I had supper, watched some TV and "centered" myself again. I went over what I was doing wrong and decided to give it another try, altering my strategy to be less agressive that I had been previously.

I sat down again with $50, and proceeded to calmly play, and 45 minutes later I found myself, once again at $113. Learning my lesson, I proudly proclaimed to my g/f (who was too busy playing Morrorwind) that I had learned my lesson and that I was logging off.

As I reached for the leave table button, the game decided to taunt me by dropping two Kings in my pocket. With the battle cry of "One more hand" I was sure that this was going to be the poker gods way of getting even with me, but they held and I ended the 50 minute session up $75! This win has how officially made me a "winning poker player", sending my Grand Win/Loss record to +$40. Woohoo!

I'm, sure it'll last all of 2 hours.

Comments

• Congrats! I'm glad to hear you had a better end to your night than me! ;)

PS: Thanks for showing up at the mtt.