Tournament Of Champions (TOC) live coverage from the RIO going on now!

Daniel Negreanu leading at final table, 6 left.

Daniel Negreanu $ 1,530,000
Mike Sexton $ 425,000
Chris Reslock $ 390,000
Darrell Dicken $ 185,000
Andrew Black $ 173,000
Mike Matusow $ 125,000

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/live_updates/530/10268

Comments

• Thanks, compuease, but both the Cardplayer and Pokerwire sites seem to have crashed!

Cardplayer.com: "Application error (Rails)".

Pokerwire.com: "Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Too many connections in /var/www/pokerwire.com/ad/connectsite_db.php on line 6
    Couldn't connect to the database"

I'm surprised that Negreanu took time off from his golf addiction to actually play poker! ;-)

1) Daniel Negreanu 1,200,000 chips
    2) Mike Matusow 925,000
    3) Mike Sexton 475,000
  • Here is the final result:

Mike Sexton limps in and Daniel Negreanu raises to to $64,000. Sexton then raises an additional $180,000 and Negreanu makes the call. The flop comes 10d-8d-4s and Negreanu moves all in. Sexton immediately calls and shows Ah-Ac. Negreanu turns over Qh-Jh and will need to improve. The turn card is the Ad, giving Sexton trips but also giving Negreanu a double gutted straight draw. However, the river is the 8c and Mike Sexton wins the 2006 Tournament of Champions and $1,000,000.
  • I think i read that they played heads up for over 6 hours....
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    I think i read that they played heads up for over 6 hours....

From the Live Updates Log:
    Mon Jun 26 23:37:00 PDT 2006
    Heads-Up Play Begins
    Tue Jun 27 06:16:00 PDT 2006
    Mike Sexton Wins The 2006 Tournament of Champions ($1,000,000)

Almost 7 hours. Wow

/g2
  • In Daniel's Video Log he has a lot of detail about how mentally draining it was for the both of them. They were supposed to be both in Event #2 but opted out due to fatigue.

6+ hours of heads up is insane. I can't imagine how hard that would be.

Congrats to Sexton. It makes his WPT commentary hold so much more water with all of his wins.
  • I just read this by Nolan Dalla

At the start of the tournament, Sexton – the eternal goodwill ambassador – pledged half of his TOC win to charity. That means a collection of Sexton’s favorite charities will split a whooping half-million dollars.