Feeling Good

Since last night up until now I have played 9 sng's. I played five yesterday and four today. Yesterday it seemed like the poker gods were against me. I finished 2, 9, 5, 7, 2. I just couldn't finish the deal...

The 5th place finish I was all-in preflop AJ vs A7. This pot was rougly for about 65-70% of the chips and would of allowed me to coast to victory.

One of the 2nd place finishes I had 3500 chips and my 44's lost to AJ. I should have been more patient, but again, the poker gods were not on my side. The other 2nd finish I was patient enough but when I made my move my QQ lost to a flush.

The ninth place finish I held KQ early and the flop came down Kxx rainbow. It's my fault for getting involved with a boderline hand early, but I thought I could double up on a weak player. Instead I was the fool and went out against AK.

It was a frustrating night. And not only my play personally, but I watched a lot of dominating hands get busted. It kind of rattled my confidence.

HOWEVER... today was much better, although it started rough. I finished 5, 5, 1, 1.

My first one I played strong, didnt get many good hands, but hung around until the blinds were 50-100. When I was down to 500 I got myself in a good spot to double up (KQ vs KJ) and lost. The strange thing was it didn't bother me. Maybe because I was the small stack. I'm not too sure.

The second one I played some hands horribly. Maybe I was tilting a bit? Finally my AK went out to QQ for another 5th place finish.

The last two I played great. I was patient, I got my hands. I put my chips in in good spots, and most importantly they all held up. The first one I coasted to HU and had 70% of the chips. Got my opponent all in with 99 vs A6 and it held up. The last one was the same and my AJ beat KJ.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble! Good luck to you all and don't let the bad beats get you down! I have to go to work now, but I'll be playing 3 more sng's tonight :D

Comments

• Glad to hear you're feeling good about your play. I myself am in a SitnGo drought.

Which site do you play your SNGs at, and what level?

hork.
  • Well done, Chris. Sounds like you took responsibility for a lot of your poor results, and that's admirable. Sometimes it seems like the deck is stacked against you; however, at times, it's not just the deck.

Congrats on the solid finishes lately... may all your flops be good ones!

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Hork42 wrote:
    Which site do you play your SNGs at, and what level?

hork.
    I believe I can at least answer the site: UltimateBet...Chris and I have met up on there recently.
  • sloth wrote:
    I believe I can at least answer the site: UltimateBet...Chris and I have met up on there recently.
    Do you know the alias?
  • Finished my work.

My username is my real name. When I signed up at UB I wasn't aware it would be shown at the tables. Right now I'm only playing 5.50 sng's. I'm up a measly $35 dollars since yesterday, which is nothing compared to the $500 dollar pots you guys fight over :P

I want to increase my roll another 100-150 before I move up levels. I like to be extra comfortable when I play and not worry about a bad run of cards.

My name/UB name is Chris Jensen