Miracle River On Titan Poker!

Lastnight I was at my friends house he was playing 1/2 LHE 6 players max

This hand he played stood out the most, thank god my poker days are over!  This just clarified my point about online poker.
*WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS A BAD BEAT STORY*

My buddy is on the button with  :4c :4h

Two other people are in the hand

My buddy raises to 1.00
2 people call

Flop comes  :8d :9s :4d

one guy bets, then the other guy raises.  My friend puts someone on a flush draw so he re-raises
everyone calls the re-raise.

Turn card comes  :kh

Same dude bets out, other guy raises, my friend re-raises
everyone calls the re-raise.

The river card comes  :9d

Same dude bets out, other guy raises, my friend re-raises
everyone is raising to a cap

Here is the outcome, you won't believe what people had!

Guy that always did the betting first  :9h :8s
Guy that was raising:  :kd :qd
Buddy: :4c :4h

SUMMARY:

FLUSH vs. FULLHOUSE vs. A BETTER FULL HOUSE

Now isn't that a kick in the pants?!?!

Comments & or Suggestions?

Comments

• COMMENTS: Happens

SUGGESTIONS: Move along

OUT
  • To quote the ever famous BBC_Z:

YAWN
  • I love how close knit this community is!

Firstly, I'd say the way people played the hands is pretty much expected based on the flop. Hard to believe it could hit everyone so hard.

Secondly, it shows what a monster 98o OOP can be when limping then calling a LP raise.

Finally, I'd say this is a perfect example of how Titan (and online poker in general) is rigged to maximize rake. Quickly everyone, get out your tinfoil hats. ( :D:D:D for Monteroy)
  • LHE is crap, you cant get noobs to fold anything. Bad beats happen, move on.
  • ok, so now a 13 outer or so on the river is a miracle?  The set was about 50% to win on the flop and just 70% on the turn, and capping with an underfill - well I guess it was low limit so fine. Still, how is this really a bad beat/miracle?  It's barely a beat let alone a bad one.

Assuming there will be no seperate forum setup for bad beat stories, is there any chance we can at least set some minimal requirements for them to be posted?

I'd say off the top of my head

- runner runner perfect hits
    - 1 outers

- 2 outers and runner runners if and only if the opponent played utterly horribly.  If someone calls an all in with 22 and a board of KK 99 and cracks your AA when he gets his two outer with a river 2 - hey post it because that's funny given he called with 2 high.  If he calls you all in preflop with KK and cracks your AA due to a river K - get over it.

Seriously, at this pace soon we see people mad because their pocket queens got cracked by AK all in preflop when they were a favorite.  Stop the bad bad beat stories now before it is too late!
  • jesus christ, move along

10 20 live last night:

me KK button 88 MP 22

board j2585

20 40 live last night

utg 83s, LP 42o, SB AK

board A3822

whoop dee f'ing doo

OUT (couhomogh)