DAMN
FUCKING
SONOFAFUCKINGGOATWHORE
BASTARDS
PIGFUCKING
SLUTBAG
COMMIECOCKSUCKING BITCHES.

<ahem>

That said... anyone got any tips for slump-busting a cold streak? I've lost about 20% of my bankroll in two weeks.

Although.. I do feel a bit better already
Mark

Comments

• Motts Clamato Ceaser coolers.
  • Swearing always works for me.
  • Have you tried a vent-post ?
  • Jeez, how about a good BANNING. A couple weeks might clear your head.
  • That said... anyone got any tips for slump-busting a cold streak?

IMO, no advice needed... you're already well ahead of the curve.

Moving text heals all wounds.

ScottyZ
  • go to the gym. go nuts on a punching bag.

or other way of totally letting out frustration. then you can relax, and be on your game again.
  • DrTyore wrote:
    That said... anyone got any tips for slump-busting a cold streak?  I've lost about 20% of my bankroll in two weeks.
    Another 80% and the slump will end ...
  • You know, moving texts do make you feel better
    :c:
    but I find colour adds that touch
    Ace :h:
    Scotty thank you
    I feel better already
  • Have you tried folding 73?
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Jeez, how about a good BANNING. A couple weeks might clear your head.

Hey..

I did the Canadian Broadcasting Standards warning beforehand!! :)

Mark
  • MDSGuy wrote:
    Have you tried folding 73?

Whoa whoa whoa... what if I'm in position?

Mark
  • I'll play you heads-up until you're back on your feet
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    I'll play you heads-up until you're back on your feet

Ya know.. ya lose ONE time...

We'll have to try it again sometime... maybe the ROYAL CUP II - Pokerdro? Where the hell is this thing?

Mark
  • 20% is nothing. You'll be fine, you didn't magically get to where you are by being a donk.
    Ride it out, that's what Kyle's girlfriend would do.

With regards to the language. Can't believe twat wasn't in there.

You'll bounce back Mark. Its always Psychologically tough when you cash a portion out, and leave yourself "some".
    I always struggle with the game afterwards. BigE and I have discussed this at length as well.

Just keep playing, you'll be up 20% before you know it.

Pepi's.
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    20% is nothing. You'll be fine, you didn't magically get to where you are by being a donk.
    Please fix your post ;)

/g2
  • DrTyore wrote:
    GTA Poker wrote:

We'll have to try it again sometime... maybe the ROYAL CUP II - Pokerdro?  Where the hell is this thing?

Mark
    Can't recall if the agreement for Royal Cup II was to be hosted by the winning team or not, but if the consensus is for the same format/location as last time, the Rocks will host it again in Milton in the fall timeframe.
  • compuease wrote:
    DrTyore wrote:
    GTA Poker wrote:

We'll have to try it again sometime... maybe the ROYAL CUP II - Pokerdro? Where the hell is this thing?

Mark
    Can't recall if the agreement for Royal Cup II was to be hosted by the winning team or not, but if the consensus is for the same format/location as last time, the Rocks will host it again in Milton in the fall timeframe.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE September 10th or later :D

/g2
  • 20% isn't a terrible downswing really unless you're underplaying your bankroll (playing lower than your bankroll allows you to afford) or something. You'll be winning again in no time.
  • Check out Scharf's June 12 blog at http://canadianpoker.com/ for some perspective.
  • 20% isn't a terrible downswing really unless you're underplaying your bankroll (playing lower than your bankroll allows you to afford) or something.

I read this and immediately thought, "That's me this month!" Although I'm probably only around -10% while underplaying my BR. It FEELS like a lot more though.

Nice thread, the whole, "Misery loves company" thing I guess...
  • Yeah, I'm running bad the past few days. Playing $11 Sit-N-Go's on Party and Pokerstars. Small sample size so far of about 100 and I'm in the money just under 50%. The past 15 sit-n-go's I haven't placed! The past 4 I've played I lost to 3-outers, three times and a 2-outer once. When I was ahead pre-flop. Gonna take a break for a few days over the weekend and hopefully the good swings back next week!

AARRGGGGGh

The moving text does help a bit.
  • TiMSuM wrote:
    Small sample size so far of about 100 and I'm in the money just under 50%.
    Assuming they aren't all third-place finishes (let's not get into that debate...) doesn't this mean you are actually profitable over that period?
  • Yah, so far I've been profitable over the whole sample size, but I was just talking about the last 15 straight non money finishes =(
  • Make ridiculous calls, get your luck back.
  • Bad news! There's no turning back till you go pro!
  • WHOO! (ric flair style) The doomswitch is off! (I hope, as I quickly headbutt some sort of wood based piece of furniture). As bad as the start of the month was and with the low point kicking in around a minus 4 figure month (brutal for the limits I'm playing), I've now dug out to potentially post my most thrilling break even month ever... Of course that's assuming I don't donk off a few hunded big bets in the next few days...meh, I know I have it in me... God I love/hate this game sometimes.. :)
  • Massage parlours cure all.
  • Revive just to shit disturb! :)

Should I have gotten banned? :)

Mark
  • Moved to off-topic
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Revive just to shit disturb! :)

Should I have gotten banned? :)

Mark
    <Moderator tin foil hat off>

Of course not. (unless you took your pants off to say it) :)