Hi all,

Working on a format for Easy's poker birthday bash and I wanted to do something a little less boring and serious than last year's $20 freezeout. Here's the idea I've been playing around with. Please provide feedback, let's throw around ideas, and I'll make the official announcement this Friday.

For everyone but Easy...

$12 Buy-in for $3,000 chips, one rebuy if you fall to $0 before the first break. $10 to the main pot, $2 to the Easy bounty. If you eliminate Easy, you get the bounty and prizes are awarded as per the usual schedule.

For Easy...

$0 Buy-in for $10,000 chips, no re-buys. If Easy wins, Easy gets regular first place, plus she collects the bounty. At the end of each level, Easy draws for a new seat. Easy must be partially tipsy before the tournament begins.

So, the idea is that Easy (the birthday gal) is the only person with a Bounty, so she starts with a higher chip stack than everyone else.

Thoughts/comments/additions/alterations.

Comments

• Aww. that's too EASY!
  • Sounds like it would be fun................
  • Depending on how serious you want the poker to be, you could add the rule that every time Easy busts someone she takes a shot.

/g2
  • Make Amanda's extra chips a "present" from the other players. Using 10% as an example, players get 2700 and Easy gets a present of 300 chips. With 20 players, Easy gets 3000 + (300 * 20) = 9000 to start, plus 300 every time someone rebuys.
  • beanie42 wrote:
    Make Amanda's extra chips a "present" from the other players. Using 10% as an example, players get 2700 and Easy gets a present of 300 chips. With 20 players, Easy gets 3000 + (300 * 20) = 9000 to start, plus 300 every time someone rebuys.
    I really like that idea. beanie42... you are the man!

/g2
  • Sounds like a good time.

stp
  • beanie42 wrote:
    Make Amanda's extra chips a "present" from the other players. Using 10% as an example, players get 2700 and Easy gets a present of 300 chips. With 20 players, Easy gets 3000 + (300 * 20) = 9000 to start, plus 300 every time someone rebuys.

Fantastic idea!! We may be stealing this one. Letting players have up to two re-buys, might be a good idea too. This idea really makes me laugh. :)
  • lol, i like where this is headed.....
  • I like Trevor's idea...sometimes math skills are so helpful! I like getting presents when people re-buy as well as the initial presents. I also like redrawing for my seat because I'm too chatty to sit beside the same two people for too long.

As far as shots go, I was going to suggest something like me taking a shot every level or something. Or maybe because that would leave me completely ruined, I would take a shot everytime I have AA...I dunno...I'll probably take shots anyway...
  • Sounds like a great day of poker!!!
  • I would say I'm booking a hotel room again for this one. I remember the last one kinda sorta, it was hot (weather that is) if I recall right.
  • It was smoking hot that day Joe. Nothing better than a 2 p.m. start at Bristol.......
    Not that I'm singing up...but, when MIGHT this be?
  • It might be....not on a saturday afternoon...I'm not so mean that I would put on a white t-shirt and mist myself down only to then fan myself down a second year in a row...

...it might be on a wednesday evening. There will be information coming soooooon...

And why aren't you signing up? You better be, I'll be really sad if this tourny is filled by people I barely know and all of my favourite people are somewhere else doing something less fun.
  • Not that I want to tell you when to have your B day Easy, but a night where I don't have to work the next day does work better for me. Wednesdays are hard enough for me to make Bristols let alone a less serious Bash like this.
  • I'm with Joe. The only day I can't make it is on a wensday, any other day is better.