My New Years Resolution (Part 1)

A while back a thread was started about New Years Resolutions. One of mine was to buy PokerTracker and keep track of all my online play. I've kept true to that (except on Planet, which doesn't support PokerTracker). I'd like to throw my numbers out as we approach the half way point of the year, with the plan be to adjust my game in the second half. I play mainly (95% of time)6 max 1-2 LHE on Stars. (Just over 5000 hands in sample)
I've put the columns in the order they appear on PT.

VP$IP 37%
VP$IP from SB 52%
Folded SB to Steal 63%
Folded BB to Steal l 45%
Attempt to Steal 24%
Won $ @SD 36%
2.34 BB/100 hands
Went to SD 32%
Won$ @SD 48%
Preflop Raise 15%

Feel free to pick apart my play, I think that I can learn from your feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Young Grimmm

Comments

• 5000 is a fairly small sample. Obviously your win rate looks good though.

That being said (and I play primarily full ring, but have played some 6 max, so someone who plays a lot more 6 max may want to jump in here).

Your VPIP looks way too high, even for 6 max. I'd guess somewhere around 25-30 is more ideal.

Your odd combination of a fairly low WTSD$ and relatively low W$ASD suggests maybe you're playing too many drawing type hands and then folding the river when you miss? This is just speculation, your sample size is small. Your pfr numbers look decent.

I'm guessing you're probably not giving enough respect to preflop raises (I know it's 6 max and everyone's stealing), but typically you should still be playing a TAGish game and either reraising your premium hands or folding your more speculative hands. With the 37% VPIP, methinks there's a good chance of a lot of cold calls with hands like 86s, A5o, K9o, etc.