Season 3: Game 1

Let's get this rolling!!!

Thursday, June 22. New start time...8:00pm!! If you're late, you will be blinded in.

I'll have the new spreadsheet ready for the season. No other rules have changed except the start time. I have also updated the mailing list, so if you haven't received the traditional notification, it's most likely because I took your addy off for lack of attendance. It does NOT mean you aren't welcome to join in once in awhile to play a game or two. By all means, we LOVE to take your money ANYTIME! :D

Let's make this new season the best thus far!!

Comments

• Hi all...haven't been around in a while. How does this league work?
  • Do we want to do the first and second bring snacks for the next game? If so then it should be added to the rules.
  • Fludlerk wrote:
    Hi all...haven't been around in a while.  How does this league work?

It is all detailed out here

But to sum it up.....

Each game is $50 - $40 goes into the game, $10 into the TOC

You get points for every game, the higher you finish the more points you get.

The points translate into extra chips for the TOC

You need to play at least 4 games to qualify for the TOC

The TOC is basically a $120 buy-in, but if you attend all 12 games (12*$10) it cost you nothing, if you miss a game then you have to pay the difference. (11 games playedx$10 = 110 + $10 for the missed game = $120 =TOC buy-in)

All games are in Brampton near the Chinguacousy Hill....which for people not in Brampton near the Bramela City Centre
  • Couldn't have put it better myself.

Flud, if you're interested in joining, PM me your email address and I'll send you all the official details and contact information.

Chris, yea, I like the idea of 1st place brings the snacks for the next game (losers eat for free). I'll cover the first game of Season 3, and then we will roll with the idea. I'll change the rules.
  • Igor "The Mad Russian" is in for this Thursday

KGB1.jpg
  • This is the current players list for the Game 1. If you want to get in, do it soon. The max number of players is 17.

STR82ACE - Seat Reserved - 2006-06-17 14:22:09
    BigChrisEl - Seat Reserved - 2006-06-17 21:08:58
    JHJ - Seat Reserved - 2006-06-17 22:29:49
    EElliott - Seat Reserved - 2006-06-18 09:11:33
    Nutcracker - Seat Reserved - 2006-06-19 07:52:44
    FishBoy - Seat Reserved - 2006-06-19 08:51:51
    Derksen - Seat Reserved - 2006-06-19 11:21:45
    Igor - Seat Reserved - via posting
    PegasusKid - Seat Reserved - via email
    GutWagonMaster - Seat Reserved - verbal
    ACDC - Seat Reserved - 2006-06-20 08:47:28
    Long - Seat Reserved - via email
    TheBusDriver - Seat Reserved - via posting
    BigGus - Seat Reserved - via phonecall
  • GutWagonMaster - is that the coffee truck guy? If so....awesome nickname LOL
  • The one and only. Yep, Max wants to join in, maybe not EVERY game, but as often as he can anyway. If you played at the satellite game I ran awhile back, he's the one who called a straight a TIGHT!
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    The one and only.   Yep, Max wants to join in, maybe not EVERY game, but as often as he can anyway.  If you played at the satellite game I ran awhile back, he's the one who called a straight a TIGHT!

That was me jackass. He said, "I have a tight".... I smiled and said "I have a flush". He then began to rake in the chips to my confusion, and I figured out the 1920's tavern dialect that Max used.
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    The one and only.   Yep, Max wants to join in, maybe not EVERY game, but as often as he can anyway.  If you played at the satellite game I ran awhile back, he's the one who called a straight a TIGHT!

For the record a "tight" is a "boat" which means it is a fullhouse
  • Tight
    Boat
    FullHouse

Whatever you wanna call it, I just want to see no less than 6 of them tomorrow night!!! :D
  • I played with an old guy who always called his full house a 'tight'. And when he had a bad hand, it was a 'god-damned menagerie'. Gotta love the lingo.
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    Tight
    Boat
    FullHouse

Whatever you wanna call it, I just want to see no less than 6 of them tomorrow night!!! :D

No problem AJ. I'll be sure to have one every time you call my all-in. :D
  • ElElliott wrote:
    STR82ACE wrote:
    Tight
    Boat
    FullHouse

No problem AJ. I'll be sure to have one every time you call my all-in. :D

You beat me to the punch Elliott!

AJ, you had to know you were setting yourself up for this!!
  • It's the medication I guess.

Or the beer.

Or the combination of both.
    :'(
  • Ok, ok Champ will play.
  • HOLY SHORT BUS!!! I forgot all about Jeff!!!

:D
  • Hmmmm....surprisingly quiet. I expected more smack talk by now.

sigh.
  • ROFLMAO

Where DO you come up with this stuff???
    :D
  • Sorry AJ but I will not be able to make it tonight. I had to stay longer at work today and the battery in my bike died on me.... THIS SUCKS ASS....

Good Luck All. I'll see you next week.
    AC

P.S.
    I had great time on saturday!!! Food was awesome. Big thanks AJ!!!!!
  • Sorry to hear that Kris. We're going to miss your play-by-play commentary. :D

Hope to see you next week.