WOOT, my biggest pot so far

"GrammaSteve wins $65.67 from the main pot with two pairs, kings and jacks."

(I usually just play on the .25/.50 NLH tables)

(yes, I'm a pussy)

~SP

Comments

• Congrats. A win is a win is a win.
  • hehe ... As usual, the red warning light went on at the sysop's console and they "flipped the switch". What follows pretty much wiped out any winnings for that session.

Bad beat #1 - I had top pair and nut flush draw on the flop. Lets just say the aggresive betting I did had no effect and the guy called all the way down to the river where he caught a straight flush.

Bad beat #2 - I had top pair and nut flush draw on the flop (does this sound familiar?). Again, I bet aggresively and the guy (a different table/person) called all the way down to the river and caught a <drum roll> straight flush. *sigh*

Bad beat #3 - I called a small preflop raise with 66. Flop came up 6XcXc. I push all in (I think I had around 7 bucks left), someone calls. Turn comes up Xc, river comes up Xc. Guy shows Ac6x. He got a runner runner runner runner flush to beat my trips.

Once that was over I logged off of Party Poker, the alarms were reset and the sysops went back to watching Spike TV while munching popcorn and sipping Dr. Pepper until I logged on next.

• Bad beat #1 - I had top pair and nut flush draw on the flop.  Lets just say the aggresive betting I did had no effect and the guy called all the way down to the river where he caught a straight flush.

So in other words, he flopped a straight draw and a flush draw and you couldn't push him off. Big surprise.
    Bad beat #2 - I had top pair and nut flush draw on the flop (does this sound familiar?). Again, I bet aggresively and the guy (a different table/person) called all the way down to the river and caught a <drum roll> straight flush. *sigh*

So in other words, he flopped a straight draw and a flush draw and you couldn't push him off. Big surprise. Oh wait I said that.

Maybe these dudes figure that they are actually the favourite in the hand?*
    Bad beat #3 - I called a small preflop raise with 66. Flop came up 6XcXc. I push all in (I think I had around 7 bucks left), someone calls. Turn comes up Xc, river comes up Xc. Guy shows Ac6x. He got a runner runner runner runner flush to beat my trips.

In other words, you let your chips fall so low that you couldn't push someone off TPTK and a backdoor flush draw, which BTW is similar to the hand you like so much in #1 and #2. I think dude #3 overvalues his flush draws just like you.

Runner, runner, runner, runner? Does it matter what order the cards fall on the flop? For your sake please don't say that out loud to anyone.

Read and learn:
    http://www.pokerworld.com/lounge/online_poker_odds.htm

*Assuming they figure you don't have a higher flush draw
  • Hey thanks for the feedback.