Sit-n- Go Articles

Anyone have any decent article links on SnG strategies? I'm mostly interested in single table low stakes (below $25) strategy discussions. This site has lots of articles as an example (http://poker-tournaments.flopturnriver.com). Cheers.

Comments

• I just read poker articles and discussions here, 2+2, bet the pot etc. I think the biggest thing is to play tight for the first 3 levels or so and let the others sort themselves out. Once the blinds become high enough, steal here and there, mix up your play you've already been tight so they will probably pay you off. If you hit a bunch of lartards then you will get paid off on your good hands if they don't suck out.
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    Once the blinds become high enough, steal here and there, mix up your play you've already been tight so they will probably pay you off. 

I used to think so as well, but the old "play tight early so that your opponents will put you on big hands when you steal later" is now, I think, such a widespread piece of SNG advice that it no longer has any validity.  There are however a lot of reasons to play tight early, so the advice is still solid.

I read an aricle on some non-commercial site a few years ago... no ads... no nothing... just one long sit and go article.  And it was GREAT.  I've been looking for it ever since, but I can't find it.  I don't remember the name of the article, or the author, which makes it difficult.

Here is a link to an article on SNG strategy that I wrote a while back if you're interested.  I still agree with most of what I wrote....  http://www.pokerfan.com/articles/article.aspx?id=48297&tid=65
  • wow good article all_aces.
  • Thanks very much Paul... I'm thinking about writing a SNG strategy series for CPP, but really, it's been done to death so they probably wouldn't be interested.
  • all_aces wrote:
    Thanks very much Paul... I'm thinking about writing a SNG strategy series for CPP, but really, it's been done to death so they probably wouldn't be interested.

Do you and scotty still write for CPP?
  • I still do... I don't think Scotty does. I've cut back to one article every two months lately though due to time constraints.

I will have an article in the July issue about my sit and go nemesis, MajorPolk. And, I will probably get back to monthly articles now that I have a laptop and I can work on writing articles pretty much anywhere.
  • good article !

im not sure how well the aggressive strategy works at $22 or 33 tables i play though..

a lot of calling stations
  • Thanks sharpe.  This article was meant to get people thinking about different approaches to SNG's... basically, stop thinking so much about getting good cards and start thinking about fold equity.  Sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't, depending on the table texture, but I think that even players at the $20 or $30 level still want to make the money. 

If you're up against a table of calling stations though, be it in a $50 or a $500 SNG, you must obviously adjust your strategy accordingly.
  • If you've heard of ActionJeff or cardrunners, ActionJeff made a SICK SICK video on how to play Turbo SNGs. Shame the video f*cked up 2/3 through, but audio was fine and it was insightful.
  • Tilter wrote:
    If you've heard of ActionJeff or cardrunners, ActionJeff made a SICK SICK video on how to play Turbo SNGs. Shame the video f*cked up 2/3 through, but audio was fine and it was insightful.
    Is there a download link?
    Torrent?

Hobbes