Consistent In All Poker Rooms?

You ever have this happen to you:

Your at a 6 player Max table 1/2 or 2/4 Limit everyone folds and the betting comes to you 3 people to act still and you raise with AA, then 2 people fold and short stackes re-raises because he only has like 10 bucks left, and you have AA pre-fllop so you decide, "hey he only has a few dollars left, let me re-raise him" and then he re-raises himself all in for value and your anxious to see what he has and he turns over JTo
So you both are sitting at your chair, your thinking "this guy is a nut case" he is thinking..."bad timing to go all in, I should have folded"
then u both sit there with different expressions, as cards drop on the board...and as they are droping the expressions recipricate, he is calling out cards that will save him, "I NEED A QUEEN" and you are saying cards that will destroy you, "NO QUEEN NO QUEEN" and just then it happens: Q
Buddy Makes a straight, and then has the nerve to say ""I PUT U ON KK, OR AA"

Is this type of beat common all over online, rewards short stacks for a little while longer then they dump it back to the another fish 4 or 5 hands later.
and the circle continues.

Do Online sites do this on purpose for people to rebuy? Reward bad poker?

I've seen this many times in my day, and just wondering if it was true everywhere!

Comments

• Tin foil hat come loose?
  • djalikool wrote:
    You ever have this happen to you:

Your at a 6 player Max table 1/2 or 2/4 Limit everyone folds and the betting comes to you 3 people to act still and you raise with AA, then 2 people fold and short stackes re-raises because he only has like 10 bucks left, and you have AA pre-fllop so you decide, "hey he only has a few dollars left, let me re-raise him" and then he re-raises himself all in for value and your anxious to see what he has and he turns over JTo
    So you both are sitting at your chair, your thinking "this guy is a nut case" he is thinking..."bad timing to go all in, I should have folded"
    then u both sit there with different expressions, as cards drop on the board...and as they are droping the expressions recipricate, he is calling out cards that will save him, "I NEED A QUEEN" and you are saying cards that will destroy you, "NO QUEEN NO QUEEN" and just then it happens: Q
    Buddy Makes a straight, and then has the nerve to say ""I PUT U ON KK, OR AA"

Is this type of beat common all over online, rewards short stacks for a little while longer then they dump it back to the another fish 4 or 5 hands later.
    and the circle continues.

Do Online sites do this on purpose for people to rebuy? Reward bad poker?

I've seen this many times in my day, and just wondering if it was true everywhere!

As everyone on this board has said 1,000,000+ times...
    PLAY MORE LIVE POKER BEFORE TALKING ABOUT BAD BEATS ONLINE....IF YOU PLAY ENOUGH IT WILL KEEP HAPPENING.

Also, I think you made this story up...
    How would know his expression?
    How did you hear him calling out cards?
    Even if he was typing like "QUEEN!"  "QUEEN!"...from experience all ins are decided in about 5 seconds online as the virtual dealer just deals your fate instantly.
    AND, if he did type he thought you had KK or AA...why did YOU type your post like he was talking...(I will bold the errors in your lie.)

If you're not lying...well, you are so whatever.  We all :h: posting, just post real stuff next time, not fake 'ooo-my-aces-got-cracked-again' stories. Ya dig?
  • you misread this post, it's an exaggerated story...except the part "i put u on AA or KK" happens at brantford all the time. my beef was just for short stacks who go all in, and go perfect perfect with no outs on the flop...
  • Blah blah - selective memory of a specific hand

Blah blah - noone cares about this type of bad beat story

Blah blah - no the sites are not rigged because you lost a single hand to a runner runner

Blah blah - please let us have a bad beat forum where people can post these stories to their heart's content

Blah blah - Have a great day
  • Monteroy wrote:
    Blah blah - selective memory of a specific hand

Blah blah - no the sites are not rigged because you lost a single hand to a runner runner

Blah blah - please let us have a bad beat forum where people can post these stories to their heart's content

lmao
  • Monteroy wrote:
    Blah blah - selective memory of a specific hand

If you make this your signature, it will save a lot of typing. :D
  • I think I can see your point, not so much a bad beat story as it is an annoying trait of a player at the table. It is a annoyance of mine to hear players say things like I put you on AQ/AK but they called with Ax (sorry Trevor) knowing that if they hit there x they were good. It's always said after the fact and seems to me to be them trying to save face after a bad call/beat whatever. It's like saying I knew what you had and knew what I was doing so it's ok that the cards fell the way they did.

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    I put you on AQ/AK but they called with Ax (sorry Trevor)
    I understand what you mean, but I don't know why you're apologizing to me. I've often mis-read you, but I don't think I've ever made a correct read on you followed by a dumb call (I don't know if I've made a correct read on you period :( ).   I'm assuming here you're referring to my A3 in the KWGM, but I decided you did NOT have an ace, which is exactly the reverse of what you are describing.
    beanie42 wrote:
    Shannon made it 2800 from the button, so I called from the BB with A3s.  Flop comes down AK4, I check, and Shannon bets 4000.  Now I'm agonizing, as Shannon could have an ace, lower-pair, or 5-high.  I also usually end up on the losing end of big hands with Shannon, and often misread him.  If I call, I only have about 9600 left, so all my chips are going on this hand.  I thought for a long time, and finally decided that Shannon didn't have the ace (and I stated this) and pushed all-in.  Shannon thought for a minute, wondering if I just put on a great "hollywood" act and whether I actually had him beat or not.  The bells finally started ringing - he has the ace - but it was too late.  Finally he calls, and shows A9, and I'm drawing thin.  The turn was another A, so now I'm cheering for the chop, and have lots of outs for it.  The river is better than good, and the 3 gives me the whole pot!  Really bad read, but I finally make my first (and only) suckout of the tournament.  This hand really helped me and hurt Shannon, as we swapped positions and I took second from him and he became the short stack.
  • Nope wasn't referring to that one at all. I was referring to when you called Mark with A7c against his AK. You said you put him on AK and knew if you hit your clubs or 7 you would be good. I know everyone has there pet peeves and when I questioned you then about it I'm sure you could figure out it was one of mine. lol. I think your move with your A3 was a good one if you didn't think I had an Ace.

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    Nope wasn't referring to that one at all. I was referring to when you called Mark with A7c against his AK.  You said you put him on AK and knew if you hit your clubs or 7 you would be good.
    I don't remember that hand, so I don't know why I would make that call in that specific hand without more details like stack sizes, etc. (although I will make dumb calls against Mark ;) ). 

However, depending on stack sizes and other table conditions I can definitely see this as a profitable play (since many players significantly overplay AK).  By the same logic, if you put a player on AA and you know the player will not give them up easily, your implied odds can be large enough to call with QQ (or even 56).  You can't make this play in all situations or against all players, but in some situations when the stacks are deep enough (or shallow enough, where it's ridiculously cheap to call an all-in), I think calling with a massively dominated hand can be correct (although the variance is killer).
  • djalikool wrote:
    You ever have this happen to you:...and he turns over JTo...!

When you have A-A, don't you WANT a call from J-T offsuit when you are heads up and get all the money in pre-flop??
    and then has the nerve to say ""I PUT U ON KK, OR AA"

You should congratulate him on his excellent player-reading skills and then continue playing a solid game to get your money back.
  • I was at a $1/$2 NL live game where a LAG called a 4.5x reraise w/ 97 o, & flopped 2 pr against KK.

LAG $70, TP $90

LAG raised to $10, TP reraised to $45. LAG calls $35 more, leaving him w/ $25 left. He virtually pot-committed himself all-in for $70 at a $1/$2 game w/ 97 o.

LAG said the following to TP: I knew you had a good hand but I knew I could win a big pot if I flopped it strong. I would've folded if I didn't flop a pair or a draw.
  • That's when you just smile and put him in the 'complete moron' category. Be patient. The chips will come to you. They will come.
  • djalikool wrote:
    you misread this post, it's an exaggerated story...except the part "i put u on AA or KK" happens at brantford all the time. my beef was just for short stacks who go all in, and go perfect perfect with no outs on the flop...

When did Brantford add NL tables?
  • moose wrote:
    djalikool wrote:
    you misread this post, it's an exaggerated story...except the part "i put u on AA or KK" happens at brantford all the time. my beef was just for short stacks who go all in, and go perfect perfect with no outs on the flop...

When did Brantford add NL tables?

I was wondering that too..... I"m glad to see it's not just me that's gets hit by the fish. I've finally had 2 good days at stars.... whooo hooooo just got a runner runner flush on stars with 2 overs to his lower pair. Finally a good river for me.
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    I was wondering that too.....  I"m glad to see it's not just me that's gets hit by the fish.  I've finally had 2 good days at stars.... whooo hooooo just got a runner runner flush on stars with 2 overs to his lower pair.   Finally a good river for me.   
    So, that was YOU!!!!!

Funny thing at a SNG the other night, a pretty much ABC player was raising pots with premium hands and the player to his left would always call with garbage hands and outdrew him a couple times early on. Then Mr ABC would start to berate the guy about the crap he was playing. Ironically, ABC went runner runner not once but twice to resuck on the Mr Garbage and still continued to berate him about his play. Everyone was telling ABC to STFU (which, by the way, you can't type into Stars chat...) but to no avail. When ABC busted on the bubble, everyone had a good chuckle.