What a night!

I was playing in the Team Canuck tourney on Paradise and the $3 rebuy on Stars when my wife got home from her conference. She offered to let me go over to BigE's for side games, but I was already playing online...

Here's where the fun starts - I have an awesome wife. She dictated the tourney action to me over the phone while I drove to Eric's (about 15 min). She'd tell me my cards, position, and action, and I'd tell her how to play. I had a few playable hands (and a few bluffs) before I finally got setup at Erics, and I actually doubled my chips during the drive. How cool is that.

In the Canuck tourney I got pretty short-stacked and was moved to Devin's table. He would be all-in in his next blind (using his patented post/fold strategy), so I changed my short-stack strategy from "push a good hand" to "push Devin's blind", hoping for the bounty. Unfortunately I got 73s and it was raised and called in front of me, but I would not change my course. I hit a flush on the turn, sucking out 3 players, and getting the bounty :)

I was also doing fairly well in the Stars tourney, and played it while playing some live SnG's. It's fun multi-tabling live and online simultaneously. I was able to win the second live SnG and final-table on PS at the same time. Somehow I finished 7th out of 2001 for $850. I'm still looking for a big MTT win, but I'll take it, since that's my biggest cash to-date.

Anyway, it was such a weird night playing live/online/by-phone, and actually having success at it, that I thought I'd post.

:)

Comments

• awesome man, and congrats on the cash! I wish my girlfriend would do that for me.. she'd get bored in 3 seconds and tell me I'mon my own :P
  • Sounds like fun, Beanie. I think I might have stayed home for 'steak', though.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Sounds like fun, Beanie. I think I might have stayed home for 'steak', though.
    Try coming home almost a grand richer...
  • I'll take the grand, and then have some steak for dessert ;) or breakfast. or both.
  • Congrats beanie!
  • Way to go Beanie!

Mrs Hertz  was playing last night and she told me that you were talking to her.  We have also done the play a tournament over the phone thing once or twice.
  • Dick Hertz wrote:
    Mrs Hertz  was playing last night and she told me that you were talking to her.
    Ya. I couldn't figure out why you had so many chips, but then she told me it wasn't you :) . I did get accused of being your "mistress" though...
  • Wow... Does your wife have any available sisters? :)
  • If memory serves, isn't this the second time you've picked up my "post and fold" bounty?
  • all_aces wrote:
    If memory serves, isn't this the second time you've picked up my "post and fold" bounty?
    Nope, never had the opportunity before in a Team Canuck tourney. I took a lot of your chips in a Supreme tourney (but you were actually there) but somebody else closed the deal. Don't worry though, I'll try again next time. Aren't you busy shooting for most of the summer? ;)
  • Awesome Trevor!

I love when reading stories online make me smile. Such a GREAT story.
    (Save it for your poker book someday :D)
  • That was too funny Trevor...and congratz on the FT, you were pumped for sure, it was fun to watch/listen too....and didn't you take some cash in the side games as well? I honestly can't remember tho....and not to steal your thread but thanks to everyone who showed up on Saturday....I'm sorry I was completely and utterly hammered. I'm trying to piece together who finished where right now :)
    We had 18 people for a $5 tourney with unlimited $2 rebuys for 4 rounds...we had $140 in rebuys!!!!! Congratz to Folded for taking it down after rebuying 14 times himself, it was fun to watch him play.
  • Big E wrote:
    and didn't you take some cash in the side games as well?
    A little.  I made a stupid play in the first game pushing with AK against Shopsy's AQ (silly me) but outplayed Mark in the second when he got all-in with 98 against my 95.  The live beats probably helped me stay calm since (for once) the online beats couldn't compare.  It was a fun time (although your main tourney sounded like a blast).
  • beanie42 wrote:
    It was a fun time (although your main tourney sounded like a blast).

I think it was and hope everyone had fun....hopefully you and Jenn will make the next one!
  • I had a great time... drank a bit too much (like Eric)

But yea... Trevor OWNED me.... pesky better hands.

Oh well, 2nd, 2nd, and 2nd isn't a bad end to an evening.

Mark