Be Wary of Pokerroom

FYI:

Their software shut down on me in the middle of a tourney back in early March.  They refunded me my entry fee which is NOT their posted policy.  According to their own tournament cancellation policy I was to be awarded a share of the pot based on my chip stack at the time, which was above average at the time of the cancellation.  It took five emails quoting directly from from the policy statement and almost a month before they even answered.

Their amazing response: our tournament dept. is looking into it.

Another month went by: I pulled all my money out of the site and sent them another email stating I refused to play there again.  No response.

About 4 days ago: $18 and a $10+1 tourney ticket mysteriously appeared in my account.  No email giving me a proper accounting of what I was owed.

Btw if this happens during a Party tourney, they send an email detailing exactly what you are owed, with a detailed explanation within hours.

Pokerroom Policy (which they seem unable to follow):

The hand in play, if any, will be reversed for the players still in the tournament at the time of cancellation. These remaining players will be refunded their respective last Buy-In plus any add-on. In addition, each of these remaining players will share the Buy-Ins plus any add-on from the players already eliminated from the tournament on a percentage basis based on their chip count at the time of cancellation.

Comments

• I left PR about 6 months ago due to the frequency with which their servers were crashing.

However, I was too lazy to read up on their refund policies......

It seemed for a while, they were issuing apologies for servers problems once a month....

It's too bad, because i think that the site has the best interface going, but getting an hour or three into a tourney only to see your connection drop, and feeling the ensuing panic/anger just isn't worth it.....
  • Also, I've heard that it's rigged
  • Before the "rigged" accusations fly....

Nope, just saying i'm not down with choppy connections is all.
  • I've used PR in the last few month but it's not my site of choice, regardless of the relative number of fish there. I haven't experienced crashes, but certainly slow and choppy connections. Contrary to what you're saying SuperBad, I find the sound and graphics annoying, but that's just personal preference.
  • The last 4 months at PR have been choppy. I agree. However, over at hollywood poker (ongame skin) things have been much better. Live support in the lobby 24/4, and e-mail support returns questions within 1 hour. Not to mention they offer 100% reload bonuses. While I have had server problems at PR....for some reason things seem a bit better at HP.
  • I moved to HP too. The player bonuses and freerolls aren't quite as good as PR but my rakeback is compensating.
  • Wait, so was the tourney actually cancelled? Or was it just your software that crashed
  • Their server crashed. It never recovered. Eventually the tourney was cancelled. They refunded my buyin right away which is not their posted policy. About 9 weeks later, after many complaints and my quitting PR forever, they added $18 to my account and gave me a $10+1 tourney ticket. Never did receive a proper accounting of what I was owed. No apology. Nothing.
  • moose wrote:
    I moved to HP too.  The player bonuses and freerolls aren't quite as good as PR but my rakeback is compensating.

rakeback at HP? send me a link for that? was not aware of one. pretty sure pokeraffiliate does not have HP.
  • pm sent
  • I would stay far away. They have had alot of calls on Rounders radio podcast about peoples accounts being mysteriously lost, of thousands. One guy lost 3K. They never refunded his money or followed up. I guess its happening alot.
  • HP is pokerroom.. just an affiliate..

so is Rivalbet,Eurobet, FCP and about 10 others.. if Pokerroom is crashing they all crash..