Anyone here know much about cars?

I'll be in the market for a new car in the next year or so and was taking a look at the new Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Anyone into cars know if this is a decent car or a POS?

:D

Comments

• I can SO see you driving this along the 401, conducting road rage on some poor unsuspecting boon who just cut you off, he thinking "what kind of fag queer homo guy drives a vehicle like that?"

2003_fj-cruiser_7.jpg
  • I just grabbed a 2003 Nissan Altima .175 HP .it is a 4 Cyl 16" tires ..good on gas but it drives like a 6 Cyl bought mine for 20g's last year..
    and its a classy car too..100  watts stereo ...thats  stock ..lots of sound..I'm in to old school heavy metal and i think its great..
    it has extra spots for speakers if you want to put them in.. :d:
  • MDSGuy wrote:
    I can SO see you driving this along the 401, conducting road rage on some poor unsuspecting boon who just cut you off, he thinking "what kind of fag queer homo guy drives a vehicle like that?"

2003_fj-cruiser_7.jpg

well, to be fair, mine would be pink
  • Red_Ace wrote:
    I just grabbed a 2003 Nissan Altima .175 HP .it is a 4 Cyl 16" tires ..good on gas but it drives like a 6 Cyl bought mine for 20g's last year..
    and its a classy car too..100 watts stereo ...thats stock ..lots of sound..I'm in to old school heavy metal and i think its great..
    it has extra spots for speakers if you want to put them in.. :d:

um, yeah! i don't know who/what you're responding to, but ...yeah!
  • Anything Asian is generally good - you get all the benefits of a German car without the hassle.

I have a VW Passat - and although I enjoy most aspects of it the onboard computer drives me crazy, I can only use supreme (or my Turbo is done), your oil changes better be completed every 5K or the thing lights up like an xmas tree.

My roomie bought a Maxima - he runs it on regular and gets his oil changed every 10k - and I have never once seen a light on it.

Toyota is smoking the market right now - and there is a good reason for that - they make great cars.

I am likely trading my car in this spring and will definately be buying something not made in Germany.

I think a lot of people buy German cars or Japanese cars because they maintain their value very well (unlike domestics) - my advice - which is advice I will be taking this time around - buy something Japanese.

I like the vehicle of your choice, despite the fact it will gussle gas like crazy, you are getting a vehicle similiar to the Range Rover but for a fraction of the cost.
  • well it should depend what you looking for and the price you want.
    you should look if u want to save gas, power or for comfort.
    If i have a choice i would get honda's or toyota's its good in the long run.
    cheap to fix and save alot of gas
  • I don't care how much gas you save, that car is gay.

I think that was the whole gist of GTA's post to begin with, am I right Mr. Pink Toyota?
  • I just traded my Gremlin in for a Chevette, it rocks!
  • Big E wrote:
    I just traded my Gremlin in for a Chevette, it rocks!

LOL...nice upgrade, E!

My wife and I have a Toyota Matrix. It's a great "little" car. The engine is a 4 Cylinder, with 130hp. A tad underpowered, but the storage space in the back is great for haulling around all my poker stuff!!

Good luck with your purchase!
  • I know a little (I saw it last night) - Lightening McQueen is COOL!

Ca-chow!