Pocket Aces Trivia

We all know how easy it is to have your pocket aces cracked... but can you imagine a situation where you hold AA and are over a 50 to 1 long shot to win the hand PRE-FLOP.:banghead: :banghead:

Comments

• I saw this somewhere that this is the worst possible bad beat...

Player 1 KK
    Player 2 K2os

Flop is K22
    Turn is any card but a 2

Player 2 has no way of winning unless he hits his one out that remains in the deck the last 2

Thus player 1 is about as close to 100% to win as it is possible to be. Player 2 has less than a 1% chance to get his card on the river.

Just a neat little Bad beat thing that keep me positive whenever it happens to me, because no matter how bad mine was it was never as bad as this scenario. Or at least until this actually happens to me.

Just a little bit of slightly off topic triva
  • We all know how easy it is to have your pocket aces cracked... but can you imagine a situation where you hold AA and are over a 50 to 1 long shot to win the hand PRE-FLOP.:banghead: :banghead:

Opps didn't read the above message the way I thought it was but the basic idea still works.

Player 1 (any pocket pair say 22)
    Player 2 (AA)

Flop 227 Turn A River A

I think this is close
  • I did BOLD the words PRE-FLOP... Not quite what I was looking for! I'm looking for a hand that puts AA behind BEFORE the flop.
  • I did BOLD the words PRE-FLOP... Not quite what I was looking for! I'm looking for a hand that puts AA behind BEFORE the flop.

Dooohhhhhhhh. My bad. :banghead:

Boy I miss-read that message twice. Quick to the Coffee Machine...

"Glug Glug Glug Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" :rolleyes:

I don't think there is any "scenario" that puts pocket aces behind pre-flop. I think you always have to have a flop to do this.
  • I suspect if all remaing 8 (or 9) players also hold pocket pairs?

However you seem to be asking for a single hand against AA, and so this is clearly a trick question.
  • I suspect if all remaining 8 (or 9) players also hold pocket pairs?

However you seem to be asking for a single hand against AA, and so this is clearly a trick question.
  • I suspect that maybe this question isn't relating to hold em?
  • Here's an example here someone with AA pre-flop cannot win the hand. That's slightly worse than 50-1.

Or if you'd like a Texas hold'em example:

Or if you insist on it being heads-up:

ScottyZ
  • I had Pocket Aces in a home game last Tuesday.

Flop was J85 rainbow. I bet nearly pot size, button reraise, and I went all in (for a bit more). He called right away with AT, so he needed runner runner, turn Q, river 9. I was a bit mad, he won both games with PURE luck, it was just his night I guess!
  • Played a sitngo recently....had pocket 3s.... flop came 8 3 5 rainbow and I moved all in (shortstacked and blinds were eating me up). One caller - had pockets 8s.......turn offered no help, but , oh indeed baby, caught the case 3 on the river.....went from shortstack to chip leader (and shortly thereafter busted out...)
  • Ok... I was looking for a Hold'em hand... I guess I'll have to be more careful with my wording. ScottyZ comes close with his 2nd example, but sharing the pot 30% of the time is not too bad compared to this little beauty:

http://twodimes.net/poker/?g=h&b=&d=&h=Ac+Ad%0D%0AQc+Jd%0D%0ATd+9d%0D%0AAh+Kh%0D%0AAs+Qs%0D%0A8c+7c%0D%0A2c+2d%0D%0A6d+5d%0D%0A4c+3c%0D%0AKc+Kd