just for monteroy

a reverse bad beat story. too funny. the guy railed me the rest of the sng telling me i would never make the money. if you see carl, please tell him i did go on to win...

PokerStars Game #5187628981: Tournament #26098561, Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2006/06/08 - 00:49:19 (ET)
Table '26098561 1' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: old69er (560 in chips)
Seat 3: pkrfce9 (1195 in chips)
Seat 4: cubcarl (1110 in chips)
Seat 5: oneidog (3620 in chips)
Seat 6: GPTGodfather (1755 in chips)
Seat 7: yogisaint (1305 in chips)
Seat 8: CorinneD (2320 in chips)
Seat 9: HUNERSDAD101 (1635 in chips)
GPTGodfather: posts small blind 75
yogisaint: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to pkrfce9 [5s 3c]
CorinneD: folds
HUNERSDAD101: folds
old69er: folds
pkrfce9: raises 1045 to 1195 and is all-in
cubcarl: calls 1110 and is all-in
oneidog: folds
GPTGodfather: folds
yogisaint: folds
pkrfce9 said, "done" <- which i was when he flipped his cards
pkrfce9 said, "lol"
*** FLOP *** [7d 4h 6d]
*** TURN *** [7d 4h 6d] [8d]
pkrfce9 said, "ty lee" <- please see some of my previous 'lee' posts...
*** RIVER *** [7d 4h 6d 8d] [6h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
pkrfce9: shows [5s 3c] (a straight, Four to Eight)
cubcarl: shows [As Kc] (a pair of Sixes)
pkrfce9 collected 2445 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2445 | Rake 0
Board [7d 4h 6d 8d 6h]
Seat 1: old69er folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: pkrfce9 showed [5s 3c] and won (2445) with a straight, Four to Eight
Seat 4: cubcarl showed [As Kc] and lost with a pair of Sixes
Seat 5: oneidog (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: GPTGodfather (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: yogisaint (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: CorinneD folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: HUNERSDAD101 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

the funny thing is, carl was a bad player. he'd call down to the river win any pocket pair no matter what was on board. this was an extremely tight table. i was only hoping to steal the blinds here from one of the mid sized stacks. honest...

his classic parting comment: "it is better to be stupid than skilled". to which i replied, "at least you got one of those carl".

Comments

• It looks like the Suckie has become the Sucker......you know what I mean.

"It's Mega Maid! Shes gone from suck to blow!!"
    - Colonel Sandurz from SpaceBalls
  • Honestly I much prefer a shove there with your stack size vs the blind levels (ie small but large enough to force folds) with 35 off then A3 off.  At least with 3 5 off you will have 2 live cards against the AK AQ or even AJ hands that call you, though granted hands like 77 become much more of a problem.  While I would likely not shove with 3 5 I would with a hand like 8 10 suited in that situation much quicker then A 4 etc.

You were only a 2-1 underdog anyways, though a case can easily be made that you were really not in a rush to make that play given there were still 9 people left and your hand was well below average even for such a play.

I had a reverse suckout as well in a tournament recently where the opponent would not stop whining after.  I was BB with 10 10 and a bunch limped in to me so I just checked.  Flop was 7 5 5 , sb checks I bet a smallish bet all fold sb calls.  Turn 4 SB checks I bet a medium size bet SB calls.  River 10 SB checks I bet a very large bet SB quickly calls with A5 and whines how I sucked him out and he was ahead the whole time.  Apparently he thought I should fold to his checks.  For the next 20 minutes he would not shut up about how badly I played the hand, which was certainly ironic.