Season 2 Ending BBQ

Saturday June 17. BBQ will be fired up around 4:30. I plan on having ribs and chicken, and I might do up a drunken chicken as well, but I may decide to 'experiment' with that. If you want to bring your own dead animal flesh to do up on the bbq, by all means, do so. I'll have the standard beer, Labatts Blue and Ice, but you are also more than welcome to bring your own refreshments.

If you plan on attending, please bring along a salad of some type.

.5/1 NL Cash game will follow the meal. Min buyin is $40, max is $100. Weather permitting, we will hold the game outside.

Please advise if you plan on attending.

Season 3 will start June 22 at 8:00pm (note the time change). We can discuss either weekly or bi-weekly format at the BBQ.

Thanks to everyone for making Season 2 such a great success. Had a lot of fun putting it together, and look forward to seeing everyone come out for Season 3.

Comments

• Eleanor and I are planning to attend.

shark.gif
  • Come on people and let AJ know if you are going to the BBQ or not. He needs to know the numbers so he can factor in his meet/cooking calculations.
  • I'll be bringing something tasty....not sure what yet, but I'm a good cook ;)
  • Oh we all know how much you cook at the table El...

But what tell you try my ribs and chicken!!!! :D

And don't forget the cash game afterwards.
  • Thanks for the invite, AJ. I am unable to attend. Have fun boys (and girl).
  • Sorry I haven't been around much guys, been at a conference most of the week. But the BBQ is still on!!! Looks to be about a half dozen of us so far. Should be a good night all the same. However, due to the fact that I'm taking antibiotics now, I am unable to partake in libations. But don't let that stop you...I'll have beer here, and you can bring your own if you like.
  • STR82ACE wrote:
      However, due to the fact that I'm taking antibiotics now, I am unable to partake in libations.  But don't let that stop you

Sweet.....the BBQ has a Designated Driver.....let the drinking begin!!!!!!

BTW Igor, Allen and Wyndham all said they can't make it.
  • BigChrisEl wrote:
    Sweet.....the BBQ has a Designated Driver

Sure, I'll be DD...but I ain't going any further than the end of my driveway, so you better hope a bus or something from there :D

And by all means, the more the merrier!
  • For those attending the BBQ today, I have to warn you.

Looks like a neighbour is throwing a birthday party today as well, and parking is at a premium. Don't be surprised if you may have to park on the side street.

Sorry, but I only NOW noticed the clogged street here.
  • Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who were able to join us last night for a fine BBQ and Poker. I had a great time, especially since I 'accidentally' forgot to take my antibiotics all day and could enjoy a few cold ones with you all.

Now, can someone please tell me again why playing poker while drinking large quantities of beer is NOT a good idea??? Sheesh, what a harsh night for me.
  • STR82ACE wrote:

Now, can someone please tell me again why playing poker while drinking large quantities of beer is NOT a good idea???  Sheesh, what a harsh night for me.

I don't think the problem was the beer, I think the problem was the heat...which causes you to drink more beer....that and the ATM in the shed was the downfall.

Thanks for having us....I had a good time.
  • AJ, thanks again. Good times had by most;)