On line Data bases

How good are the on line data bases. I reviewed sharkscope for me and it has me as a winning player on poker.com and a serious fish on Pokerstars. My poker.com stats are kept by me and are accurate, my stars stats are both kept by me and imported into poker tracker. While I am suffering from the river stars jinx or whatever (it's the only site I lose money at), the stats on sharkscope are just wrong. It has me as losing serious money over about 31 sng's. I have played more than triple that according to PT and my stats. While losing there it's nowhere near what it says. Anyone else noticed these things.

Comments

• thepokerdb is the most reliable source IMO. I think sharkscope is a joke. Although, I pay for my subscription at thepokerd, so i may be a bit biased.
  • I don't put too much faith in these.
    You may be a loosing player on one site (hmmmmm....Party Poker lets say), but a winning player on a site that is not tracked.

BTW pkrfce9 has an ROI of 11% and is shown as a loosing player. :fish: :D

Hobbes
  • Irah

How much is the pokerdb subsciption and what additonal info does this provide?
  • The pokerdb is a free service. It provides the number in ITM finishes a player has in MTTs (not SnGs), what place they finished in that particular MTT, and how much was the payout. They will also provide the total "life-time earning" from MTTs from that particular player as well as the number of final tables they've made.
  • I know about the free site. Pokerdb also has a paid subscription area that has info not available in the free site.
  • You can't compare thepokerdb and sharkscope -- one is for MTTs and one for SNGs.

Thepokerdb is the definitive soure for MTT results at this time.

I guess the paid service on Sharkscope would be decent, but the free service is awful as you can't focus on the limits and timeframe that you want -- also, they focus on sites that aren't in the big 5 (other than stars).