Does anyone know of legitamate online poker rooms?

I signed up on Cd poker because of a promotion through wsop4free.net.I get to play in a free tourney now in July to win a chance at the wsop finale.After playing out there for a while i realized that the tons of four-of-kinds,flops with all the same suit and big pairs getting trounced heads up almost always ect.... was totally unrealistic!! I just want to play some fair poker online.Is this possible or are they all a scam? Luckily i cashed out for even money as I picked up on the bull quickly.But I still want to play fair poker online on a site that has possibilities to win a seat in a wsop tourney. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Pokerstars.
  • Absolute Poker is alright too. But I agree Pokerstars is one of the best sites.... least about of fish though :'(
  • I personall would recommend any site but stars, I do occassionally play there but I just can't seem to show a profit there. Any other site (including CD poker) I do. While it does seem a lot of flops occur on line with 3 suits, remember your seeing at least twice the number of hands per hour on line than live. I've played enough live tourney's to see the wierd stuff live, flopping top set against middle set and watching him hit his one outter to beat you.
  • profit:
    stars
    party
    crypto
    prima
    absolute
    titan
    true poker
    poker room
    ultimate bet

take your pic, theyre all good for me :D, although I only play on stars and party much at all anymore...i think you need more experience both online and live before you judge too harshly
  • I swear by U.B.(ultimate bet) I have cashed out for just over three grand this year. I find the best to play is the 1-2 & 2-4 N/L six man tables. Good play gets rewarded. Night time tourney are the best to play in.through the week the weekends get tougher as there is a lot more players. This is just my opinion and I hope it helps you out. P.S the sit n goes are real easy on this site.just wait for the donkeys to get eliminated then you start to play.
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    profit:
    stars
    party
    crypto
    prima
    absolute
    titan
    true poker
    poker room
    ultimate bet

ke your pic, theyre all good for me :D, although I only play on stars and party much at all anymore...i think you need more experience both online and live before you judge too harshly
    ta
  • Well GTA i admit i am very new to online poker but I've been playing live poker since i was 10 (my dad taught me) and i have been playing in live home games and clubs for over ten years now so maybe you should find out more info before you start criticicing.As I've noticed there not much anyone can post out here without having you add your criticizing two cents maybe you were abused as a child but please get over it.As for the rest of you thank you all very much for your input as you can see I'm very new to forums as well but then again i don't spend my intire life on the computer like GTA obviously does.
  • actually, I probably have both a more interesting professional and poker life than you...maybe you should take that chip off of your shoulder and that tinfoil had off of your head

try an ESL class for kicks as well
  • Well GTA i admit i am very new to online poker but I've been playing live poker since i was 10 (my dad taught me) and i have been playing  in live home games and clubs for over ten years now so maybe you should find out more info before you start criticicing.As I've noticed there not much anyone can post out here without having you add your criticizing two cents maybe you were abused as a child but please get over it.As for the rest of you thank you all very much for your input as you can see I'm very new to forums as well but then again i don't spend my intire life on the computer like GTA obviously does.

Ummm maybe you should have provided more background on yourself. It's a pretty safe assumption these days that new to online means never played in a B&M (or other serious poker).

Maybe he was abused as a child (I really don't know), but that comment is way out of line. I know people that were abused as children and I take offence to that remark.

Just my 2cents....

Hobbes
  • Any input would be greatly appreciated.

We don't flame here. On any other board, making comments that online poker is rigged (and in the wrong forum) would only get you attacked. It does show that you lack experience. Instead the other members have only tried to be helpful. Your response is completely out of line.
  • First off I'll 2nd what hobbes said, I believe that comment is way out of line.  GTA is no more or less critical than other people on the board, and is actually a hell of a nice guy.  

To the OP, I honestly believed something was a miss when I started playing on line because it seemed to be impossible what was happening.  I play a lot of live now and have witnessed people flopping royals, multiple flops of all hearts (8 in about 40 hands) last night with all 8 giving someone a flush.  Split pots with A2o vs AKs with a board of 5 K 5 7 7.   I don't honestly believe that the on line gambling business (the big ones) are going to risk their whole business by rigging the site.  That being said I do believe there are dishonest operators out there who are in it to make a quick buck and go.  I happen not to win at Stars for whatever reason and I don't think it's because it's rigged.  I either have trouble with the players, mostly right now I think I have trouble in my head with that site.  I'm back playing it to see if I can overcome my river phobia there.  If not, just do what Barry Greenstein recommends, if you can't beat them, leave and don't come back, there is always a game out there somewhere you can consistantly beat so go to the soft games and take advantage of them.  
  • Thanks for the support guys...I do perhpas once in a while step on someone's toes, but in this instance I was just responding directly to the question so I'm not sure of the cause of the enraged response. It really pisses me off to piss someone off without trying...well, not reallly.

Joe, for some reason I have had that feeling about Stars in the past as well. I am running well there this year, so maybe I had a large bad run there in the past. It was my only unprofitable site for a while, but I've turned that around by focusing more on my stronger games there. Basically, all I ever play online anymore are sngs and the occasional MTT. I was a winning cash player online, but it honestly bores the shit out of me so I don't bother anymore -- I do recall session after session of losing huge pots to 1 and 2 outers on Stars in cash games. I have no empirical evidence of the riverstars phenom, and I still play there so I don't believe in it, but I've had the same feeling as you at times.
  • Seemed like an innocent reply, relax my friend.  To the subject at hand.  I'm fairly certain all of the big on line sites are very safe...Stars, Party, Ultimate, Absolute, Full Tilt, Doyles Room and lot's of others.  The reason it seems like you're seeing things you don't see live is because of the amount of hands you see.  The article I linked to below is from cardplayer magazine, December 2005.  It explains it better than I ever could.  I often refer on line players who say it's fixed to this article to put their mind at ease. 

And by the way, live games are full of crazy things also.  Saturday night, 2 table tournament at my house, pocket aces vs. pocket aces, both players were sitting side by side.   Also, about 2 months ago, 8 players remaining, pocket aces, kings,queens and jacks all at same time.  (the kings and jacks managed to fold post flop, the guy with queens busted out to the aces)
    And everyone on this forum has twenty more hands like that they've seen in live games.  Whenever hand's like that happen on line, some guy starts saying it's fixed, it's just poker!

Anyways, here's the article.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/archives/showarticle.php?a_id=15159&m_id=65578

sstar
  • Poker Stars is a great site last year cashed out 16k us this year struggling but what i like about it was that there were some days i would wake up to find more money in my account ....... twice this happend ........ they had found people cheating by messenger and credited everyones account in the tourny ........ gl with whatever u decide
  • sstar wrote:

Anyways, here's the article.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/archives/showarticle.php?a_id=15159&m_id=65578

sstar

And while we’re here, I set up a simulation to see how often we’d deal the nastiest of all possible hold’em bad beats — the 989-1 nightmare. For instance, you have K-K and your opponent has Q-Q. The flop comes K-2-2 and all the money goes in. Your opponent must hit two running queens (that is, the last two in the deck) to beat you. There are 45 unseen cards (52 less two in each of your hands and three on the board). Thus, there are 45 x 44 = 1,980 possible sequences of turn and river cards. However, half of those are duplicates of each other (it doesn’t matter if the turn-river comes Q Q or Q Q). So, there are 990 possible unique combinations of turn and river cards. Only one of those (Q-Q) causes you to lose the hand. Here’s a sobering thought: A site the size of PokerStars probably delivers a handful of those every day. Of course, the planets have to be aligned just right to make the situation that grim (it takes a special kind of poker player to get all of his money in on the flop, drawing at exactly one two-card sequence). But it probably happens enough that that magic two-card sequence comes at least once or twice a day.
    Zithal wrote:

The Q on the turn, followed by the Q on the river, was a blow to the gut and outsted "Shetbs" from the Final Table. Lance's stack grew to over $20,000 in early action.

That's it. Bristol is rigged.
  • If the OP is worried about GTA being abrasive, wonder what happens when he runs into BBC Z? :)
  • Split pots with A2o vs AKs with a board of 5 K 5 7 7.
    Joe, if I were you, I would not play at that site anymore.

FWIW, I enjoyed pokeherfiend's {un}provoked attack.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Split pots with A2o vs AKs with a board of 5 K 5 7 7.

Looks like Joe got rivered again
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    pkrfce9 wrote:

Looks like Joe got rivered again
    How is this a split pot?
  • pilsner wrote:
    pkrfce9 wrote:

How is this a split pot?

I believe that's why pkrfce9 told him to avoid the site that called that a split!  LOL

sstar
  • gotcha think I would stay away from that site myself.