Squeeze Play

okay, this type of situation is pretty standard for me, just curious if anyone esle does the same. The OR has been raising a few pots, and has shown he is able to fold to a reraise. The caller is new to the table. It is from a 50 MTT, 7 or so away from the money.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?363883

Now obviously i would prefer to be making this play from the BB, but the BB has been playing very tight, so i am not concerned. Finally, my cards have no relevance, but i suppose its better that i have sooted and connected cards.

As for his call, i thnk it is questionable with AJ, unless he is positve i am on a squeeze. Even still, AJ wont be dominating much that i am pushing here, so it is still a big gamble.

thoughts?

Comments

• Squeeze plays are amazing and hugely profitable but I prefer them for situations with deeper stacks.
  • If he thought that you're a loose player who would gamble your tournament life on just K-9, then he made a gutsy but correct call. He was almost a 2-to-1 favourite with his A-J, but you got lucky on the river.
    Irah wrote:
    As for his call, i thnk it is questionable with AJ, unless he is positve i am on a squeeze.  Even still, AJ wont be dominating much that i am pushing here, so it is still a big gamble.
  • Honestly I've made an effort not to do this very much. In this case I don't think it's very good. They're getting 2:1 on the call so a good range is going to look you up here. The caller on the button could easily be trapping, and the original raiser knows he's been aggressive and that some squeezes are definitely in your range. I think his push over top is fine as long as he doesn't expect the caller on the button to be slowplaying a big hand. The problem is people know about the squeeze play now, and combine that with the fact that people just don't like folding in general and you need to be very careful about the spots you pick for this move.