Interesting SNG Situation

I'm in the $22 Shootout on Party.
Chip counts:
Me 62500

a la SirWatts I can't think of a single reason to play any hand. Top 3 go to next round. There aren't enough chips for anyone to pass me.

Does this make sense?

Comments

• What are the blinds at this point?
  • well my strategy was working well for a while. The low stack got down to about 8000 but he got doubled up and we continued long enough that the blinds were eating me up. So I had just started to play again with good hands and then a med stack went out and I finished 2nd. Cost me a few bucks (1st pays more) but I am through to the 3rd round. So that part at least was successful. Maybe I would have donked myself into a worse position.
  • Actually, you should have been more willing to pick on the medium stacks.
    Their blinds would have been much easier to steal.
  • I wouldnt stop playing pots, I would just avoid big pots... end the hands preflop!
  • Yeah I'd try to steal a lot of small pots but avoid a big confrontation without a strong hand. If 1st pays more like you said then you should try to steal everything you can while they try to fold into the top 3.
  • Unless the top three pay equal amounts I don't see why you wouldn't want to play hands.
  • There are two goals at stake here. It's a shootout, so top 3 move to next round but the payouts vary according to finish in each round.

Like I said, unfortunately the short stack soon doubled up and the round went longer than I anticipated. One thing I forgot to consider is that the chips carry over into the next round. In the next round someone at my table started with 130k in chips. So with that in mind I guess you should attack away.

One thing about shootouts I just thought of - if 4 people remain and 3 go allin and the top stack eliminates 2 players, I would assume the next highest stack continues to the next round, but what chips would they be starting with, 0?