I'm an idiot on TSN.

So, I PM'd ScottyZ the following message a few minutes ago:
If you want to see me really making an ass of myself, check out the start of OTR today at 6 on TSN. I do the opening with Michael... I'm playing the guitar (the Juicy Fruit theme song) and he's "singing". It's funny for all the wrong reasons, and at the end, it starts falling apart, and my eyes just get wider and wider... :eek:

Cheers,
all_aces
To which he replied:
WICKED!! You should post about this on the forum (if you haven't already)! It's more fun if we can *all* get a good laugh at your expense. ;)
I thought he had a point, so there you have it. Like I said, it's funny for all the wrong reasons... flame away! ;)

Regards,
all_aces

Comments

• how did that come about?
  • And who the heck is running the camera???

ScottyZ
  • Lol... I work on the show Sloth, I do camera for it. There's a guitar that hangs around the studio and we were just goofing around, and the producer decided he wanted to use it for the opening. The bulk of the show is planned, in that the questions and topics are discussed beforehand so there's a road map of what's going to happen.

The openings and promo's however are usually made up pretty much on the spot.

As for who's running the camera, my partner-in-crime Brian shot it.

It really is a very bad performance. Kudos to Michael for not worrying too much about his image lol...

Regards,
    all_aces
  • I noticed that around the time we all finish laughing (7:00pm), TSN is showing some coverage from the 2002 WSOP.

And right after that (8:00pm), some Ultimate Fighting Championship.

ScottyZ
  • omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

Way too funny.

ScottyZ
  • Lol someone please put me out of my misery now and kill me. That was excrutiatingly painful, and I sincerely hope that the majority of posters here read this thread too late.

all_embarrassed
  • Got your skiis shined up, grab a stick of juicy fruit,
    the taste is gonna move ya :D

Take a sniff, pull it ouuuuuuut.
    The taste is gonna move ya when you pop it 16.gif

11.gif
  • AWESOME!

wtg A_A!
  • almost forgot :D

nice hat all_aces :spade:

CO :canada:
  • Damn, I missed it. Will they replay it later tonight?
  • ROFLMAO that hat was a big mistake. The producer was wearing it, and suggested I wear it for the opening. Without giving it much thought, I went ahead and put it on...
    I'm not telling. ;)
    Thu 7/15/2004 3:00 AM 30(TSN)

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Thu 7/15/2004 3:00 AM 30(TSN)

ScottyZ

Thanks, Scotty.
  • I missed it and demand a replay. lol

hehehe... after checking the guide......it's on again in about 3.5 hours.
  • Got your skiis shined up, grab a stick of juicy fruit,
    the taste is gonna move ya :D

still FUNNY :D
  • August CPP :D

looks for the HAT :confused:
  • For those who missed it, and would like to be participating in the 'all_aces hat fiasco', OTR is using that clip again in today's show.

Apparently, there was an article in a Montreal newspaper recently citing OTR as one of the worst shows on television. So, the producers put together a bunch of clips to prove them right. Included in these clips is my 'Juicy Fruit' song... they're running this at the end of the first segment; about 5 or 6 minutes into the show.

I look forward to another round of mockery. ;)

Regards,
    all_aces
  • all_aces wrote:
    For those who missed it, and would like to be participating in the 'all_aces hat fiasco', OTR is using that clip again in today's show.

Excellent...I missed it the first time around. Will your whole clip be included, or only part of it?
  • I'm pretty sure it's the whole thing. I tried not to watch. I think, if anything, it's longer, because they play what happened after he stopped singing, and they didn't the first time around. Not much happened, just general embarrassment, and a general feeling of discomfort.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Great, my pvr is set for endless rerun enjoyment :)
  • Oh man, that's priceless!
  • ....niiiiiiiiiiice.... ;P
  • It's official. I'm an idiot on TSN.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Sadly I don't have TSN, is there a clip of this I can download anywhere or from anyone?
  • all_aces wrote:
    It's official. I'm an idiot on TSN.

Regards,
    all_aces
    EVIL :frown:

:canada:
  • Oh man, that's priceless!
    maybe they'll make it into a mastercard priceless commercial :D
  • August CPP :D

looks for the HAT :confused:
    almost August :D:D:D