OH8 Hand Analysis

Full Tilt Poker Game #676169190: Table Kings Links - $0.05/$0.10 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo - 19:55:12 ET - 2006/05/30
Seat 1: canifold ($3.25)
Seat 2: Harristottle ($1.55)
Seat 3: Joiseygal ($2.85)
Seat 4: Jr Sandman ($4.30)
Seat 5: morty16 ($4.25)
Seat 6: santapuppy ($5.25)
Seat 7: SCRacing ($9.20)
Seat 8: db44 ($4)
Seat 9: wldtky87 ($3.05)
canifold posts the small blind of $0.05
Harristottle posts the big blind of $0.10
db44 posts $0.10
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to morty16 [Qc Ac 3c Ad]
Joiseygal calls $0.10
Jr Sandman calls $0.10
morty16 calls $0.10
santapuppy folds
SCRacing has 15 seconds left to act
SCRacing calls $0.10
db44 checks
wldtky87 calls $0.10
canifold calls $0.05
Harristottle checks
*** FLOP *** [4c Jc Ts]
canifold bets $0.40
Harristottle folds
Joiseygal calls $0.40
Jr Sandman folds
morty16 calls $0.40
SCRacing folds
db44 calls $0.40
wldtky87 calls $0.40
*** TURN *** [4c Jc Ts] [As]
canifold bets $2.75, and is all in
Joiseygal calls $2.35, and is all in

Push or fold?

Comments

• Pretty easy push if its not Hi/Lo... but the "any club" rule doesn't apply since you will almost certainly chop the pot if the river finishes the Lo draw.  I don't think I could fold here.  Yeah, I'd definitely call.  Even chopping the pot still gives you a large pot.

Any reads on these donks?

/g2
  • Too lazy to do math but with the boat draw and flush draw I'm pretty sure it's a push. Hell you might even have the best hand if they're really bad.
  • SirWatts wrote:
    Hell you might even have the best hand if they're really bad.
    Exactly. I was thinking of your outs and odds and all that. Then I realized... you have the second nuts and I'm pretty sure these guys aren't rocks who would need the nuts to get all of their $3 in there. Also... why push when you know you have the best hand. One of them is probably on the flush draw, and the other a straight draw. I hope the river didn't suck too hard (assuming you saw it???).

/g2
  • you gotta be raising that preflop...

but yeah get your money in the middle your good
  • g2 wrote:
    SirWatts wrote:
    Hell you might even have the best hand if they're really bad.
    Exactly. I was thinking of your outs and odds and all that. Then I realized... you have the second nuts and I'm pretty sure these guys aren't rocks who would need the nuts to get all of their $3 in there. Also... why push when you know you have the best hand. One of them is probably on the flush draw, and the other a straight draw. I hope the river didn't suck too hard (assuming you saw it???).

/g2

Don't forget that hero is also holding a case Queen, that reduces the chance you are up against two made high hands.

Now, this is pretty much a 'crying call' for me. All the low cards split the pot and all the high cards (aside from your outs) will make any King/Queen + face a straight..

My issue is the size of the pot on the turn and how much extra you need to call. Why didn't you pop the flop with that monster hand? Raise there and the rest of the hand plays itself.. Remember that good poker is trying to make your decisions easier than your opponents.
  • I was positive that the initial all-in was a made high and that the push was to chase out flush draws, but didn't know about the caller.

I called and the result was:

morty16 calls $2.75
    db44 folds
    wldtky87 folds
    canifold shows [6c Qd Kh 7c]
    Joiseygal shows [5d 6s 2s Td]
    morty16 shows [Qc Ac 3c Ad]
    *** RIVER *** [4c Jc Ts As] [3s]
    canifold shows a straight, Ace high, for high
    canifold shows 7,6,4,3,A, for low
    morty16 shows three of a kind, Aces, for high
    canifold wins the high side pot ($0.35) with a straight, Ace high
    canifold wins the low side pot ($0.35) with 7,6,4,3,A
    Joiseygal shows a flush, Ace high, for high
    Joiseygal shows 5,4,3,2,A, for low
    Joiseygal wins the high main pot ($4.45) with a flush, Ace high
    Joiseygal wins the low main pot ($4.45) with 5,4,3,2,A

So, bad news for me.

The call was correct though. I had no low draw, but was %39 to win high only and %31 to scoop (according to the CardPlayer odds tool). It would even have been a coin flip to call if Joiseygal folded.

I didn't raise pre-flop because it gives away my hand and I want weak callers. At these limits you'll still get 4-5 callers. I like to pot it with those hands if I'm on the button but in general you can't push people off drawing hands unless they don't make anything by the turn or river. Kind of like BCC 2-5. Maybe that's weak on my part.

I should have raised the flop though.