Anyone heading to Brantford this weekend?

I'm thinking of playing a few sessions this weekend starting on Friday night. I may make it down to Fallsview as well. Anyone else?

Comments

• I'll most likely be at fallsview/niagara fri/sat/sun, I'll decide tommorow if I'm driving back up (just drove from st. catharines to sauga today)
    Playing 1/2, 2/5, or 5/5
  • Considering Brantford, though not sure what night...probably Saturday. The 5-10 has been an ATM for me lately. And lately I've had the urge to pop my 10-20 B&M cherry... Variance scares me though, since I'm due for the B&M doomswitch...
  • Im probably going to BCC saturday night playing 2-5 or 5-10 whatever opens up first, Its been ages since I last played anything but online I need something different. I will probably be at the blackjack table while im waiting.
  • I might be in for this if someone wants company / split gas money.
  • I played 5-10 at Brantford last night. I arrived at 11:00pm and waited an hr for a seat.

I bought in for my usual $200 and walked away with $505 after 3.5 hrs.

Two hands really stick out from last night.

The first one I had 72c on the button. I actually had a very strong urge to play this hand as only 1 person called b4 me. After folding the SB raised to $10, both the BB and the other player called.
    Flop 7-7-2
    Small blind bet $5
    BB called
    The other player folded.
    Turn As
    SB bets $10
    BB folds.
    SB shows pocket Aces for a boat.
    That hand could have cost me a few bucks.

This 2nd hand really pissed me off....

Three of us were in the hand to the river.
    I have A7c and am last to act.
    The board shows 7, 2, A, 4, 5.
    The 1st player bets $10
    The 2nd player folds and says to the 1st player. I was on a flush draw but missed. The 1st player says that he hit his straight and starts to muck his hand.
    The dealer points out that I am still in the hand which the 1st player apologizes and says he forgot.
    I ask him if he indeed hit his straight. He says yes he did.
    I fold my two pair and ask to see his straight. He announces that he has 43 but flips over only 42 which only gives him two pair.
    He laughs aloud and says that he thought he had the straight.
    The whole table including the dealer just shake their heads.
    I then look over at him sitting two seats to my left and envision my right fist shattering his right cheekbone.
    I thought it was bush.

How do the rest of you feel about what occured?
  • He was BS'ing the guy who already mucked that he had a better hand than what he did, when he found out you were still in the hand what was he supposed to say?
    No, I was just joking, I only have two pair...all while you are still to act?

If he said "call and find out?" would you have called?

Sounds like a fucked up situation, but, really, what did you want him to say?
  • Why are you folding top 2 pair for one bet on the river in what I can only assume was a sizeable pot?
  • Why are you expecting people to tell the truth at the poker table?
  • Nooner81 wrote:
    I played 5-10 at Brantford last night. I arrived at 11:00pm and waited an hr for a seat.

I bought in for my usual $200 and walked away with $505 after 3.5 hrs.

Two hands really stick out from last night.

The first one I had 72c on the button. I actually had a very strong urge to play this hand as only 1 person called b4 me. After folding the SB raised to $10, both the BB and the other player called.
    Flop 7-7-2
    Small blind bet $5
    BB called
    The other player folded.
    Turn As
    SB bets $10
    BB folds.
    SB shows pocket Aces for a boat.
    That hand could have cost me a few bucks.

This 2nd hand really pissed me off....

Three of us were in the hand to the river.
    I have A7c and am last to act.
    The board shows 7, 2, A, 4, 5.
    The 1st player bets $10
    The 2nd player folds and says to the 1st player. I was on a flush draw but missed. The 1st player says that he hit his straight and starts to muck his hand.
    The dealer points out that I am still in the hand which the 1st player apologizes and says he forgot.
    I fold my two pair and ask to see his straight. He announces that he has 43 but flips over only 42 which only gives him two pair.
    I then look over at him sitting two seats to my left and envision my right fist shattering his right cheekbone.
    I thought it was bush.

How do the rest of you feel about what occured?

I think it was a bad fold
  • He was BS'ing the guy who already mucked that he had a better hand than what he did, when he found out you were still in the hand what was he supposed to say?
    No, I was just joking, I only have two pair...all while you are still to act?

If he said "call and find out?" would you have called?

Yes, I would have called if he promised to show his straight.

This is not the 1st time I have seen this type of thing occur at the BCC. In the past I have seen players who have acted (whether spoken or bet) out of turn apologize and either show their straight or said "if you call I will show you my cards."
    Why are you expecting people to tell the truth at the poker table
    ?

Normally I don't. However I have rarely seen people state what they are holding when people are still to act. Most people talk or b.s. about what they had between hands. I am quite sure that in some home games that I have played in he would have been punched in the side of the head.
  • Then quite frankly the people at your home games suck.
  • Then quite frankly the people at your home games suck.

You've never met them. Whom are you to judge?

Some of the home games I have played in have been with people who demand a lot of respect. Some of these games are played with a very large buy-in. An act out of turn without an apology is not taken lightly.
  • " I am quite sure that in some home games that I have played in he would have been punched in the side of the head. "

This is how I know they suck. Anyone who initiates violence in any non violent situation sucks. Anyone who doesn't get the fact that you can say anything you want sucks (mind you, you can't miscall your hand at showdown, but that's another situation).
  • The 2nd player folds and says to the 1st player. I was on a flush draw but missed. The 1st player says that he hit his straight and starts to muck his hand.
    I thought it was bush.

Geeez, lighten up. Did it ever occur to you that it was a honest mistake? Also, the dealer shouldn't be shaking his head. He's there to deal....nothing else.
  • I fold my two pair and ask to see his straight.

IMO this is the problem. Why do you feel entitled to see his cards? You didn't call. He doesn't have to show you anything. IMO he either is going to:

a) show you a bluff to induce tilt
    b) Tell you "He had it" but refuse to show it (again to induce tilt) (note that it doesn't even matter here whether he was bluffing or not, since it successfully plants the seed of doubt in your mind that he MIGHT have been bluffing)

Nobody in their right mind would feel they had to show you their cards, so they're only going to do it if they're feeling particularly charitable (unlikely) or (more likely) to show you got outplayed.

Solution: if you want to see the hand, call. Otherwise just fold...quietly.