Poker on TV rules

Just thought I'd share a couple of the funniest LHE hands from the BCC I've witnessed in awhile.

The game: 5-10 LHE at Brantford on Saturday.

The character: Asian kid probably in early 20's who's watched too much poker on TV.

The move: The river bluff reraise. The kid tried this 8 billion times when it was painfully obvious it wasn't going to work.

The hands:

Exact details of this hand don't matter, but the final board was K9636 (with the river pairing the 6). Older guy check-raises the river and kid goes into the tank and eventually 3 bets. Old guy thinks for a bit and then reraises to 40. Kid goes into the tank again and then makes it 50 after about a 20 second pause. Old guy calls with trip 6's and no kicker and kid shows T9o and says "Ugh...what did you think I had?" Duh, did he actually think he'd get a fold?

Next example. Kid raises blind UTG. I'm UTG+1 and 3 bet with AKs. Shockingly the iso 3 bet works and it folds around to the kid who naturally caps blind. I call (I guess I probably could have reraised since headsup). Flop comes KT2 rainbow. Kid bets, I raise, kid 3 bets. I still don't think he's looked at his cards. I 4 bet thinking it's capped. Kid makes it 25, I reraise to 30. Kid reraises to 35. I think around the 7th or 8th bet I ask him if he wants to look at his cards yet... I think I pussy out and just call the 8-bet (how far do you guys go here with TPTK). Turn is A. Kid bets, I raise, kid just calls. River is a K, I bet, and kid goes into the tank. I'm full out laughing now. I ask him if he has a 2. He eventually calls with A2o (I'm shocked he didn't go crazier on the turn), and my boat is obviously good.

Funniest hand ever:

Table's gone somewhat insane (with the kid driving much of the action). New player at table seems fairly solid. It winds up capped 5 or 6 way preflop (new guy capped). Flop is JT5 rainbow. Betting goes capped. Kid, new solid guy and someone else left. Turn is 9. Kid bets, solid guy raises, other guy folds, kid 3 bets, solid guy goes 40, kid goes 50, solid guy 60, kid 70, solid guy 80, kid 90. Solid guy shakes his head and just calls (I have him on top set). River brings another 9 pairing the board. Kid bets, guy raises....and it goes raise, reraise till the solid guy makes it 80. Kid goes into the tank...and eventually folds. I guess he kept thinking that "THIS time he HAS to give me credit for the hand and fold". It was too friggin hilarious.

Comments

• ScoobyD wrote:
    Funniest hand ever:

Table's gone somewhat insane (with the kid driving much of the action). New player at table seems fairly solid. It winds up capped 5 or 6 way preflop (new guy capped). Flop is JT5 rainbow. Betting goes capped. Kid, new solid guy and someone else left. Turn is 9. Kid bets, solid guy raises, other guy folds, kid 3 bets, solid guy goes 40, kid goes 50, solid guy 60, kid 70, solid guy 80, kid 90. Solid guy shakes his head and just calls (I have him on top set). River brings another 9 pairing the board. Kid bets, guy raises....and it goes raise, reraise till the solid guy makes it 80. Kid goes into the tank...and eventually folds. I guess he kept thinking that "THIS time he HAS to give me credit for the hand and fold". It was too friggin hilarious.
    This is priceless - folds rather than calling $10 into a +$500 pot.  How long did this guy last before going broke?
  • ScoobyD wrote:

Funniest hand ever:

Good story, except if the turn started 3 handed there is a 4 bet cap.
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    Good story, except if the turn started 3 handed there is a 4 bet cap.
    That's what I thought too before I visited BCC.  There, it's uncapped the second it gets HU, not just on a fresh card.
  • Good story, except if the turn started 3 handed there is a 4 bet cap.

Like Beanie said, as soon as it's HU, there's no cap. And I couldn't make this shit up if I tried...
  • oh, that's sweet