Any Money to be Made Playing Heads Up

I play mostly online at Partypoker. However, after meeting Scharf in the Bahamas, I opened an account on Paradise to play in the Team Canuck tourney (I subsequently qualified for their Masters Main Event and took 24th for 4.3K, but now I'm just bragging), but have recently started playing in some 1 on 1 games.

I started this mainly because I have zero experience playing Heads Up (other than at the end of sit n gos when it is mostly an All-In fest) and was looking to practice. I have been playing for $10 and $20 and have had really above average success. I have not played enough games yet to test whether or not I am good, or just happen to be running well. I also believe that the low stakes may have something to do with the quality of my opponents.

My question to the forum is whether or not anyone has ever played 1 on 1 for a significant amount of time and has an opinion as to whether it could be profitable.

Cheers,
Troy

Comments

• I do, it is.

I generally play 2 games of NLH or PLO HU at a time. More for a change of pace. I find the best structured sites are absolute, UB and titan, Stars having too long a structure for my liking and Paradise a bit too short (although I havent been there for a year or so). The drawback being that I can't play more than 2 tables well due to having to play the opponent quite a bit. I play them more for a break from other games, anywhere from $30 to $100 buy ins.
  • I play limit heads up and PL omaha. I agree with GTA stars structure takes way to long. Look to pacific for limit heads up, I play plo at poker.com. Anything $50 and under is pretty soft anywhere I've played. You can still run bad because a good number of opponents will chase runner runner straights/flushes and donk out on ya. Especially true as the blinds get high. Even limit on Pacific is a 15 minute max process most times, while stars can go one hour.
  • I know a guy that makes a living playing HU.. exclusively