Donkey suited broadway hand.

Reading AA's hand involving his JTs cold call of the EP raise (which I agree is sketchy at best) reminded me of this hand... Thoughts (IMO I played this pretty brutally).

***** Hand History for Game 4261632028 *****
$5/$10 Texas Hold'em - Saturday, May 13, 20:12:46 ET 2006
Table Millennium (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: FlounderIsKing ( $718.94 )
Seat 5: thangsta ( $274.59 )
Seat 9: MauiFever ( $119 )
Seat 10: glengarryleads ( $583.67 )
Seat 3: ScoobD ( $760 )
Seat 8: XXFreeCardsKillXX ( $108 )
Seat 7: Hutch95 ( $214.50 )
Seat 6: THEDRILLER11 ( $294 )
Seat 4: mtclermont ( $407 )
Seat 2: twa321 ( $243.50 )
FlounderIsKing posts small blind [$2].
ScoobD posts big blind [$5].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ScoobD [ Kd Qd ]
thangsta raises [$10].
THEDRILLER11 raises [$15]. <-- at this point I'm thinking, "Great, I get a playable hand but run into 2 big hands, guess I'm probably mucking here unless there's a cold caller or 2 to sweeten the pot"
Hutch95 folds.
XXFreeCardsKillXX folds.
MauiFever calls [$15]. <- Ah the old 3 bet cold call... Pot is looking tempting now. Asuming UTG calls I'm getting about 5:1 on my call. Less if he caps (which apparently I didn't consider - duh).
glengarryleads folds.
FlounderIsKing folds.
ScoobD calls [$10].
thangsta raises [$10].
THEDRILLER11 calls [$5].
MauiFever calls [$5].
ScoobD calls [$5].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qs, 4h, Tc ]
ScoobD checks. <- Good/bad flop. None of my suit. I don't really like hiting top pair alone here given the action. I go cautious route and check.
thangsta checks.
THEDRILLER11 bets [$5].
MauiFever calls [$5].
ScoobD calls [$5]. <-Even though I'm not thrilled with the way things are shaping up, I'm not willing to muck given the huge pot size since I likely have 2-5 outs and may possibly even have the best hand here.
thangsta calls [$5].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Qh ]
ScoobD checks. <--another brainfart (I think). I typically think I'm good here, but figure I can CR given the giant pot size with multiple opponents. I should have realized just about everyone will hate that card except me and just donked out. I have problems with the turn donk out bet with a big hand, I think I need to better realize the times my opponents are unlikely to bet, and the other occurance where I should pull the strange/odd move of donking a turn with a monster (instead of a more typical check-raise line) into a super aggressive postflop player that will raise frequently on the turn so I can 3 bet him (I tend to use this much more on the flop).
thangsta checks.
THEDRILLER11 checks.
MauiFever checks.
** Dealing River ** [ 2h ]
ScoobD bets [$10]. <-- well I let the BD flush get there, but figure I'm bet/calling here, since it doesn't seem like anyone else wants to bet.
thangsta calls [$10].
THEDRILLER11 folds.
MauiFever folds.
ScoobD shows [ Kd, Qd ] three of a kind, queens.
thangsta doesn't show [ Ac, Ad ] two pairs, aces and queens.
ScoobD wins $119 from the main pot with three of a kind, queens.

As always, feedback on the donkery appreciated...

Comments

• I think that you pretty much summed it up well, no way do I call 3 bets cold with that hand, AQ is also questionable depending on the players and table action prior to that hand.

Nh though :D