funny thought...

I think it would be funny (although very hard to maintain) if we could somehow keep a running total of the collective amount that pokerforum.ca members were up from poker.

Pokerforum.ca members have accumulated: +$1,653,955.22 in the past 4 days lol.

Kinda like McDonalds "Billions served" :)

Comments

• I'd get a kick out of that! :D
  • Kinda like McDonalds "Billions served"
    Yes, exactly. And whenever one of us leaves a session where we're ahead, we would go "You sukkas got SeRvEd."

ScottyZ
  • lol, while you guys will bring it up to +$1,000,000.00, my sessions will bring it back down to even or less :P
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Yes, exactly. And whenever one of us leaves a session where we're ahead, we would go "You sukkas got SeRvEd."

ScottyZ
    ROFLMFAO :D

:spade: :canada: :spade:
  • Sloth, PM me about if it would be possible because I'd be willing to maintain it. Everyone could PM their winnings (and losings of course) but I'm stuck on how to compile and display it.
  • I think this is a great idea! But can we really ensure that everyone is truthful ;)
  • It is a great idea but..... You WILL have problems getting accurate results.

Most poker players I have encountered do not give truthfull results. Almost every one of the ones who are losing players will tell you they break even or are beating the game.

How often have you heard someone say that they are a losing player?
    I am a losing player! From what everyone else says I am supporting the entire poker economy of S/W Ontario!
  • I've been slaughtered for $3200 in the last three days. Sorry... digging us a hole.
  • Ouch, I haven't played in the last week, took a beating so taking some time off to examine my game and see what needs improvement. Will get back playing and hopefully adding to our positive side when I get home from vacation.
  • I can see how the results would be skewed from time to time....hrrmmmm...hafta think about this one.... If you have any ideas, Snoman I'm all ears :)
  • Here is how I would do it:

1. Web page form to input username, password, and win/loss record.
    2. MySQL db backend to authenticate and record data from the form.
    3. A web front end for the MySQL db to produce pretty graphs/charts/data.
    4. An xml feed so that people could include the total onto their websites (called RSS feeds).

Sound good? I could set this up on my site (http://poker.perldev.org/) and then anyone could use the RSS feed from there. Up to you.
  • ComaU wrote:
    It is a great idea but..... You WILL have problems getting accurate results.

Most poker players I have encountered do not give truthfull results. Almost every one of the ones who are losing players will tell you they break even or are beating the game.

How often have you heard someone say that they are a losing player?
    I am a losing player! From what everyone else says I am supporting the entire poker economy of S/W Ontario!

I agree and I disagree.
    Yes most poker loser's think/say they are winners because they do not track their results and are guessing.
    Most of the players that hang on this site I would imagine are "up" overall because if not the majority of them would not have enough interest to keep coming here.

P.S. I lost all my online profit that I have acumulated playing sit n go's over the last 2 months in two nights of NL cash games. I will now be getting back to some tournament play to get the bank roll back up. :banghead:
  • Cashout and deposit histories at online poker sites don't lie... I find that to be the best way to keep track of what's really happening with my poker bankroll. That's just the online stuff, though. As for live results, I used to write it all down in a book, and then I got sick of doing that so I stopped. Live tournaments are easy to keep track of, but live cash games are a different story...

Regards,
    all_aces