Question...

Do you guys think there is too much junk on the left side of the forums?

Comments

• The search engine and top links might be the only things I use.
  • ya, I'm trying to find out how to get rid of "buddy list" which is kind of pointless considering you can see who is online...and "mini stats"
  • sloth wrote:
    Yep. I'd maybe like it better if it was over to the right side instead.

Also, the new stuff on the left has really messed up the way the formatting looks for me in Mozilla (but it seems okay in IE). The main forum shoots off the right of the window now, whereas it seemed okay before (when it was the new forum, but without the additional column of new stuff to the left). It's actually makes it difficult to read some of the posts.

ScottyZ
  • sloth wrote:
    FOR ME YES :frown:

CUZ I HAVE A SMALL SCREEN

GOTS TA SCROLL TO THE RIGHT ALL THE TIME :frown:

:banghead:

OH I HAVE MY CAPS ON LOL:D

ahhh much better :tongue:
  • Yeah, the mini stats stuff is usless, but I'd also prefer if it was over on the right so you wouldnt need to always scroll to browse the forums.
  • Yeah I neven even notice the stuff on the left so to me it is useless.
  • Under the "Quicjk Links" menu, there is an option that says "Sidebar Off" which removes the stuff on the left.

Not sure if this can be done globally, or if each member would have to do it individually, but that';s how I got rid of it.

hork.
  • Sweet! Thanks Hork.
  • the sidebar seems to come back next time you visit the site... dunno if that can be changed...

hork.
  • Yup, you are correct.
  • Hork42 wrote:
    Under the "Quicjk Links" menu, there is an option that says "Sidebar Off" which removes the stuff on the left.

Not sure if this can be done globally, or if each member would have to do it individually, but that';s how I got rid of it.

hork.
    i cant find it :confused:
  • doh :banghead:

nevermind i found it;)
  • I can't stand the stuff on the left. It's such an eye sore. Please remove it!
  • Chris wrote:
    I can't stand the stuff on the left. It's such an eye sore. Please remove it!
    you can turn it off your self under Quick Links Sidebar off:D
  • Wow, that's much better. I'm a free man again.
  • Chris wrote:
    Wow, that's much better. I'm a free man again.
    yepperz much better :D

hope it stays this way :spade:
  • It doesn't save it though. I have to manually hide it everytime I view the site.
  • sloth wrote:

Minor point but would it be possible for you to lower the left side so that it aligns with the top of the right side section?

It does this on the initial page but when you go into the forum section the "Top Links" is positioned higher than the "Canada's Poker Fourm / Welcome" section.

Cheers

SP
  • I'm in agreement, move it to the right side. The constant scrolling to see the full thread is kind of annoying. I don't mind seeing them, but not as the primary resourse.
  • Yes, too much stuff on the left side.