Mac friendly poker software?

Any opinions on the best Mac friendly downloadable poker software out there? I'd preferably like to download the software rather than play the Java based versions on some sites....

Cheers,
Padge

Comments

• The Java based sites are good if you have fairly recent hardware, don't count them out.

Otherwise, you're limited to Full Tilt Poker. It's a decent site with lots of variety. They spead HORSE tournaments, even Razz. The $5+$.50 NL HE sit-n-gos are as soft as anywhere I've been. I mostly play those and $.25-$50 HE, $.05-$.10 PLOH. All great games.

They have a %100 sign up bonus, which you can only clear in a reasonable amount of time if you play way over what your deposit would warrant. It's paid out in %10 increments so you'll at least see some of it.
  • Thanks Morty....what about your favourite Java based sites? I currently play the Java version of Full Contact Poker....it's OK and gradually they're improving the software but I like to keep the options open....
  • Full Contact Poker runs on the Ongame network (IIRC), just like Pokerroom.com and Hollywoodpoker.com. When you play at one, you play at them all except for site specific promotions.

So, it's a matter of which skin you like best. I prefer pokerroom myself.

I have occasional problems playing busy MTT in the early evening when (I expect) their traffic peaks. It can be very, very frustrating to be disconnected and auto-folded when you have good or great hands, especially when you get deeper into a tournament.

On the other hand, I've never had problems with my connection when in a ring game or a sit-n-go.

Anyway, before you sign with any of those sites, make sure you get a bonus code or something to max out your sign-up bonus. I don't think the sites I mentioned ever have reload bonuses.

Sean
  • Get a MacBook, install Windows =)