Titan Jackpot, my first cash

$23 sngs, so far have played 33games, top 2 19/33 = 58%, for a $360 profit.

Just finished my first jackpot streak of 1,1,2,2,2,2 for $300...not a huge payday, but I knew I could hit this promo and so I'm pretty happy and will continue plating these low risk games...if i hit this jackpot again i'll try the $57s (which is what i usually play at Party), but these are so soft I want to try and hit this promo again.

My best first place streak so far is 3...6 and I win 25k...unlikely, but there's a slim possibility

Profit $360 from placings, $300 jackpot.

For those of you that have never read my blog, these are the calculations that I initially proposed, any comments appreciated, just a fun project really:

What I figure is that is any 6max sng if the field were completely even then, obviously, the change of obtaining top 2 would be 2/6 or 33%. Now, I have a large edge on the field in 6max sngs as they are a specialty of mine. I make top 2 in these over 60%, so far on Titan the percentage being 11/18, or roughly 61%. So, the odds placing top 2 for 6 games in a row would be 0.61 to the 6th power, or roughly a 5% chance. If I can place in top 2 in 70%, which I feel is very realistic on this site at the $23 level, then I have an almost 12% chance or top 2 for 6 games in a row.

Taking the 5% number which translates to 1 in 20, I would on average have to play a series of 6 straight sngs 20 times to win the $300 bonus for placing top 2 for 6 games in a row.

Taking the 12% number, or roughly 1 in 9, I would have to play the series of 6 9 times to win.

Apparently, this would be between 9 and 20 series of 6 sngs, or between 54 and 120 sngs per $300 bonus. In reality, it is likely less sngs as an entire series of 6 is not required for each assessment as one loss will result in a new string of 6 games.

Comments

• congratulations man, i knew you could do it. now go and win a big jackpot!
  • If your interested Tiger Gaming has a similar promotion going on but the jackpot is a seat in the WSOP.

Same basic idea. But as you increase in stages the number of players increase from 5 to 10.

But win 7 in a row and your off to Vegas. Finish 2nd (or sometimes 3rd) and you basically retry the level your on.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread :)
  • I bet you can't beat this, nor would you really want to :'(

2nd
    1st
    1st
    1st
    1st
    1st
    3rd

Whats your username so I can avoid you :)
  • ouch, that hurts...
  • GTA how long is this Promo around for?

I havent played any of the SNGs on Titan - as I am trying to clear my 4500 points for PSO (currently 3,300) - but I am looking forward to it.

I used to think Party had the softest play due to the simple fact there are so many tables to play at. (Titan generally has about 5000 players on compared to Party's 70 000)

But I cant believe how soft Titan is - my original plan was to clear 4500 points and head back to Party - but Titan may be my site of choice for awhile.

I started off with my free $50 as soon as I hit $120 - I decided to move from the 1/2 tables to the 2-4 tables - Just to see if the play was as weak - and it was.

In a week and a half starting with $50 I am now at $475.

It is interesting to see that other people are having similar experiences with Titan.

Are you playing Titan exclusively now GTA?
  • Nicely done =) PSO still hasn't released my IB.
  • I've been playing mostly on Titan lately, but in general I play online as a bit of a diversion. I am not comfortable playing the same limits I play in B&M online. I generally only play 6max and HU sngs online. So, I am playing this Titan jackpot thing as a challenge. I Haven't played any cash games on Titan. The $20 6max sngs are just as soft as on Party with decreased variance due to the flatter payout structure (top 3) vs Party (top 2). I usually play the $55 6max on Party, but the $23s are so soft on Titan that I want to take a stab at the 25k jackpot, however unlikely it is that I would win it. I guess I feel that I have a better shot at the 25k than the 100k as I would assume play is slightly better in the 57s, although I played a few and cashed. Given the longshot nature of winning 6 in a row I'd rather play slightly weaker opposition.

For what it's worth the $20-$50 HU PLO sngs are very soft there as well and the structure is nice, not too long and not too fast.

I just started on Titan this month, I've been told this promo has been there since January and I believe it is indefinite at this time.

I am still awaiting the arrival of the $300 into my account...support is kinda slow there.
  • I've found the support to be pretty slow too. hit the online support button, and 30 mins later, someone is there to help me
  • I received my jackpot bonus roughly 30 hours after emailing them, not terrible I guess...no time to play online lately, will go at this sometime again soon.