Tony Takes the Title

Well, the game just ended, and Tony took first place!! But not without a battle on the final table.

Wyndham took second place tonight, another nice finish for him. Someone is loaning him books...whoever it is...STOP!

Third went to Derek, who once again witnessed his massive chip lead dwindle to oblivion again this week. Like he said though, it's better than being bubble boy again. Right Allen??

It's late, and I'm just about pokered out for tonight, so I won't be getting into any details much right now, but I'm sure everyone will be posting the beats tonight, and there were quite a few of them. But we had a great turnout, and a great game. Thanks to everyone who came out.

Oh, CHUMP tonight was Igor!!

Comments

• If the agnostics are looking for evidence, this is proof positive!
  • Congrats Mr.T!

Derek....WTF happened? Your chip stack was massive!
  • Igor is steaming a little bit; he thinks that the fates were out to get him.

Wyndham say he is disappointed with he heads up play saying he should have beaten Tony. Allen is not in yet....possible trying to hide his face, bubbling last night and getting cracked early in Degree has to be tough.

Other then that it was another good game, I had fun just wished the cards worked out for me a little better. Wyndham says he friend Miller had a blast and definitely wants to come back.

Good Game last night.
  • We ALL should have been able to knock Tony out! :rage: But the cards were in his favour last night, that's for sure. And his rather unique calling strategy paid off for him for once.

Miller is welcome to join us anytime. Just need his email addy to add to the mailing lists. Wyndham, PM me his addy please.

If you haven't checked out the leader board for awhile, you might want to. Although Jeff and Greg are still the leaders, the gap is very very tight. Only 6 points separate first and third, and less than $50 separates the money board top three too. Only three more games to go, and with pot sizes like the ones recently, ANYONE can move up and take the lead.
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    Only three more games to go, and with pot sizes like the ones recently, ANYONE can move up and take the lead.

When you say anyone you really mean Chris.

I think I need to chase my guts shots more....they seem to really pay off when you hit them.
  • Ya cuz if you win that pot, it'll be huge.
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    ...his rather unique calling strategy

UNIQUE!!! F Doyle, I'm picking up Tony's book "The calling stations guide to poker"
    But I'm not mad. On the up side, I was his first victim along with Igor, when he called all-in on a draw. So I got to go home early, get a good nights sleep. And hey, I'm still points leader, so that can keep me cool at night, insead of cold hard cash.

BigWhinnyChris mention something about less pre-game trash talking might improve my game. So I'm taking his advice, I'm going to do all my trash talk at the table while I'm serving up the pound cake.
  • ElElliott wrote:
    Congrats Mr.T!

Derek....WTF happened? Your chip stack was massive!

I like to call it "betting with good cards, getting called with shit, and being smart enough to fold to your lucky opponent who paired his shit". I couldn't compete with Tony's and Wyndham's style of calling my bets cold and raising me all in when I missed my cards with a flop like 96Tos holding AK. Would you call all in to those 2 guys? Didn't think so. Every time there was a situation like that, I lost 1K in chips at least from my 6.5K stack. You do the math.

I have a feeling I will have a chance at these 2 again. "Looking forward to it" would be an understatement! :)
  • derksen wrote:
    I have a feeling I will have a chance at these 2 again. "Looking forward to it" would be an understatement! :)

Let's recant now shall we??

This is the SECOND time Wyndham has gotten the better of you in the last three weeks?? And of course, your history with Tony is almost LEGENDARY, isn't that so??

Yet BOTH of them took you to town last night, despite your massive chip lead going into three way action.

Weren't you going to re-educate Wyndham LAST week? If memory serves, I had to do that for you. And Tony?? Okay, come on, we all KNOW your grin...where is it now??

Proof's in the pudding, bud. Seems to me that BusDriver's short bus has a full time occupant these last few weeks. :D
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    derksen wrote:

Let's recant now shall we??

This is the SECOND time Wyndham has gotten the better of you in the last three weeks??  And of course, your history with Tony is almost LEGENDARY, isn't that so??

Yet BOTH of them took you to town last night, despite your massive chip lead going into three way action.

Weren't you going to re-educate Wyndham LAST week?  If memory serves, I had to do that for you.  And Tony??  Okay, come on, we all KNOW your grin...where is it now??

Proof's in the pudding, bud.  Seems to me that BusDriver's short bus has a full time occupant these last few weeks. :D

I'm not going to dignify that with a reposne to a 4th place player.

Derksen
    ps AJ, you're hoggin a lot of room on that bus! I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Tony for increasing my chip stack in a few games at least. Thanks bud! Wyndham.... your time will come. Just ask Yoda!
  • UNIQUE!!!  F Doyle, I'm picking up Tony's book  "The calling stations guide to poker"
    But I'm not mad.  On the up side, I was his first victim along with Igor, when he called all-in on a draw.  So I got to go home early, get a good nights sleep.  And hey, I'm still points leader, so that can keep me cool at night, insead of cold hard cash.

BigWhinnyChris mention something about less pre-game trash talking might improve my game.  So I'm taking his advice, I'm going to do all my trash talk at the table while I'm serving up the pound cake.

Have the wheels come off of the Bus?

I think so.......I think it's time you got on the Pain Train.................BTW did you tape Stargate Sg-1 for everyone?
  • derksen wrote:
    [AJ, you're hoggin a lot of room on that bus!

Are you kidding? I have the best seat on the bus. Right behind the BusDriver so I can nag him to death when he misses the turn!! :D
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    derksen wrote:
    [AJ, you're hoggin a lot of room on that bus!

Are you kidding?  I have the best seat on the bus.  Right behind the BusDriver so I can nag him to death when he misses the turn!! :D

He went through he lights and missed the turn altogether last night. Eh Jeff?
  • derksen wrote:

Thanks bud! Wyndham.... your time will come. Just ask Yoda!

Because Wyndham and Allen don't have the Nut's (or logins) to post here is the response:

Allen asked:

Will Wyndham's time really come?

Yoda says:

Simple Question you ask, No I sense this.
  • derksen wrote:
    I like to call it "betting with good cards, getting called with shit, and being smart enough to fold to your lucky opponent who paired his shit". I couldn't compete ...

You see, that's what I'm talking about, I only have one hand to recollect. It was over with quick, and now I able to go on with my life. But you my poor soul, had to endure the cold calling the bad beating again again. I'm afraid your scared for life.