Ultimate Bet .50/1 NL hand

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (9 handed)

MP2 ($24.55)
MP3 ($90.55)
CO ($90.75)
Button ($101.40)
SB ($111.25)
BB ($115.55)
UTG ($23.90)
UTG+1 ($92.35)
Hero ($63.40)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with As, Ah.
2 folds, Hero raises to $3, 4 folds, SB calls $2.50, 1 fold.

Flop: ($7) 6h, Js, 9c (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3.

Turn: ($13) Td (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $10, SB calls $10.

River: ($33) Ts (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $15, SB calls $15.

Final Pot: $63

i want some untainted thoughts on this hand, maybe some thoughts on what you would put SB on and where i may have gone wrong.

Comments

• I generally pump a little higher preflop to say $4/$5 (varies depending on the table), and I'd bet more on the flop perhaps $6, turn/riv ran fine. I really don't see you lost this hand or how it "went wrong" with him only calling the river? You counterfit a flopped two pair and a straight/set would be raising.
  • Soup wrote:
    I generally pump a little higher preflop to say $4/$5 (varies depending on the table), and I'd bet more on the flop perhaps $6, turn/riv ran fine. I really don't see you lost this hand or how it "went wrong" with him only calling the river? You counterfit a flopped two pair and a straight/set would be raising.

you would think so wouldn't ya.....

table was pretty tight, quite a few times i raised to $3 and it got folded around. I think the flop bet is what bugs me, i knew i should've bet more as i was doing it, and with 2 flat calls on flop and turn, i was really tempted to check behind on river, but i thought that would be missing out on a decent value bet against a decent J
  • You played this quite well. He turned KQ?
  • Meistro wrote:
    You played this quite well. He turned KQ?

good guess, my guess is QT just to be a little more messed up, he hit runner runner tens or something crazy
  • 7 8 for the turned straight :D:D

i was quite shocked myself.
  • 7 8 for the turned straight :D:D

i was quite shocked myself.

how can this guy not raise the turn with that... i'm just in disbelief
  • He is not going to bet because if you notice he just made the sucker end of the straight. Yes, it could be heads up or three way at that point but would you want to risk your bankroll (especially in NL)with the sucker end of anything.
  • disciple wrote:
    He is not going to bet because if you notice he just made the sucker end of the straight.  Yes, it could be heads up or three way at that point but would you want to risk your bankroll (especially in NL)with the sucker end of anything.

With that straight Id still have to raise/bet that turn and lead the river if your not reraised on the turn.
  • disciple wrote:
    He is not going to bet because if you notice he just made the sucker end of the straight.  Yes, it could be heads up or three way at that point but would you want to risk your bankroll (especially in NL)with the sucker end of anything.

What does raising the turn with probably the best hand have anything to do with risking your bankroll? I am truly confused.
  • 4$ pre flop. 7-8$ flop... Don't fool around with aces, win small/medium pots, never let yout opponent see the turn for cheap when there's any type of draw out on the board.