CPF Fantasy Baseball League Records

Hey guys, in my spare time I came up with a list of the current 'weekly records' for each of the individual stats that we have.  I'd like to try and keep this updated so if you can let me know if I miss(ed) something or if you break one of the current records that would be great.  It appears the only two in jeopardy this week are the strikeouts and batting average.  I think my 2 complete games in one week could hold up for awhile along with redsoxrules 14 stolen bases.

Anyway here is the list:

CPF Fantasy Baseball Records

Statistic        Record           Current Holder (week)

Runs                   63                   RedSoxRule  (5)

2B                      28                   stpboy's boy's  (14)

HR                      19                   stpboy's boy's  (3)

RBI                     59                   Flint's Bones (1)

SB                      16                   CoolHandWray (8 )

BB                      47                   RedSoxRule  (1)

Avg.                   .354                 Beast from the West  (11)

Wins                    9                    Hork's Lazy Slobs/Blazin 72/Wray  (7,11,14)

CG                       3                    stpboy's boy's  (5)

SV                      11                    CoolHandWray (7)

BB                       6                    Milton Rocks  (3)

K's                      78                   CoolHandWray (14)

ERA                    1.97                 stpboy's boy's  (5)

WHIP                  0.85                 stpboy's boy's  (5)

Longest Winning Streak:  CoolHandWray 11 weeks

Longest Losing Streak:  Blazin72 10 weeks

Current Winning Streak: 4-0-0 Loose Moose

Current Losing Streak: 0-2-1 CoolHandWray

* A win against the rocks does not count for a win or a loss

Comments

• The list has been updated to reflect week four and now shows when each individual record was established. No records were broken in week 4. I have a lot of respect for the Milton Rocks pitching staff's control, six walks in a week is impressive!

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    I have a lot of respect for the Milton Rocks pitching staff's control, six walks in a week is impressive!

The pitchers are tight like the owner!
  • The records have now been updated for Week 5, several records were broken and a new addition to the record holders list in The Specials. Kyle "specialK" squeeked into the record books for the time being by beating Coolhand's record of 22 doubles, Kyle's team had 24. Good luck this week.

stp
  • How about most weeks won/lost in a row as another category?
  • How about most weeks won/lost in a row as another category?

I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean most weeks with a winning record in a row? I could add that if you would like....

stp
  • Yeah, the most consecutive weeks in a row that you win/lose your headsup match .
  • Yeah, the most consecutive weeks in a row that you win/lose your headsup match .

Done!

stp
  • A few records were broken this past week and a few things remained the same. Number of saves, wins and strikeouts were broken while Coolhandwray pulled off a late week comeback to beat the futility team of the league Blazin72. Coolhand's winning streak is now at 7 straight weeks, can Flint Bones have another impressive week to upset this powerhouse in week 8? Will RedSoxRule and The Dinobot's see a fall from grace after getting beat up in week 7? More to come in the next edition of The CPF Fantasy Baseball Record.

stp
  • An impressive offensive week helped CoolHandWray win 7-6 against the always tough Flint Bones. Jason Bay and Carl Crawford led the 'wray' for Tim by getting 18 runs, 10HR, 20RBI and 10 steals combined. CoolHand easily broke the week 1 record of 14 steals by getting 16 and smashed the old AVG. by nearly 30 points, it now sits at .351. Things are tightening up for the last playoff spot as teams 4 through 9 are only 6 1/2 games apart. Look for more movement this week from yours truly and the resurgent not-so-lazy Hork team.
    On another note, who's the goofball that traded Carl and Jason to Tim anyway....?

stp
  • Call me a stats nut but can you make it .351 not 3.51.

Btw I'm finally on the record board!!!
  • moose wrote:
    Call me a stats nut but can you make it .351 not 3.51.

Btw I'm finally on the record board!!!

Congrats, that's a lot of K's! Which records do you think are the toughest/easiest to break? I say RBI and hitters walks will be broken very soon.

stp
  • My pitching stank too. 3 wins and 5.76 era

Saves and CG will be the toughest.
  • I guess it's a gamble to have 3 pitchers go for you on day 1. I got my 72K's on a week like that, I benched a guy on day 7 to limit my walks. My ERA and whip were amazing that week, see records above.

stp
  • Moyer had his first complete game since a 3-1 loss at Baltimore on May 25, 2005, and his first two-hitter since Aug. 16, 1986, at Montreal, when he was a rookie with the Chicago Cubs.

My whip is already 0.91. I feel a record coming on...
  • No records broken in week 9 although there was some movement in the league standings. I'll post them so others can see how this is turning out.

Rank Team W-L-T Pct GB Last Week
    1. CoolHandWray 78-39-9 .655 - 12-1-1
    2. Loose Moose 66-43-17 .591 8 8-6-0
    3. Beast from the West 68-51-7 .567 11 8-6-0
    4. Flint's Bones 61-48-17 .552 13 7-4-3
    5. stpboy's boy's 61-56-9 .520 17 9-4-1
    6. Hork's Lazy Slobs 57-58-11 .496 20 6-7-1
    7. RedSoxRule 52-56-18 .484 21.5 4-9-1
    8. Beast from the East 56-61-9 .480 22 6-8-0
    9. Dinobot's 53-60-13 .472 23 1-12-1
    10. the specials 52-61-13 .464 24 6-8-0
    11. Milton Rocks 45-70-11 .401 32 7-6-1
    12. Blazin 72 33-79-14 .317 42.5 4-7-3
  • Broken records are becoming few and far between but alas one was shattered this week (by 1), the specials fell off the record board due to stpboy's 7 doubles on Sunday putting the new record at 25. This is the 5th record that stpboy holds, of course we all know it's not about records it's all about wins!

Coolhandwray seems to be getting more impressive every week and I'm starting to think he'll run his undefeated streak through the entire season. In a recent interview CHW was asked if "How can you stop the Rick Ankiel Allstars?", to which CHW replied "You can't stop them, you can only HOPE to contain them". Truly impressive I say. Some interesting match ups this week as teams are vying for playoff positioning as the midseason approaches. Flint Bones and the Dinobots are set to battle, as well as stpboy's boy's and The beast from the East. The specials aren't out of it yet and are 2-1-1 in his last 4 games against 3 out of 4 tough opponents. SpecialK will need to have a great week to beat the always tough Beast from the West.

stp
  • stpboy wrote:

Coolhandwray seems to be getting more impressive every week and I'm starting to think he'll run his undefeated streak through the entire season. In a recent interview CHW was asked if "How can you stop the Rick Ankiel Allstars?", to which CHW replied "You can't stop them, you can only HOPE to contain them". Truly impressive I say.

I think a little update might be in order :D
  • The records have been updated though to the end of week 13. I will count the records against the folded rocks team but a win against them will not be reflected in streaks.

stp
  • Records are complete up to the allstar break. I'd agree with Moose that, "nothing is hotter right now than his team". Coolhand has definately cooled off...still in the lead though.

stp