Computer help please

Ok, so I still haven't bothered to get my wireles repaired on my POS HP, but I'll get to that soon....anyhow......

I'm setting up a gazebo in the backyard about 15m from the house and have some questions:

1. Wireless -- I have a lynksis router and my HP, I should get a signal this far, no?? I know with my old computer things would drop here and there, anything I should/can do to boost the signal?

2. Power source. Battery typically lasts 1.5h or so, other than getting another of the same battery to switch over when one dies, is there anything I can do to prolong power? Buy a more powerful battery, etc?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• 15M????? UMMMMMM less than 50 feet....... get an extension cord dude....... and yes I would think any wireless should get that far........ I have no problems in the garage and the router is downstairs at the other end of the house.....
  • ok, maybe 25m now that i think of it, would prefer no cord if possible
  • 25 M should still work if it's 25M from the router, and not from the end of yor house, with the router on the other side..

to prolong the battery life itself, close anything you aren't using, and lower the brightness of the screen as much as you can.. the latter is something I do whenever I need to take my laptop into lectures, as some are 3 hours long and the battery JUST used to make it (i coudn't even come close now, the thing is 2 years old) but yeah. lower brightness, close whatever is not essential, usually will help squeeze out some more time with a battery. if you play a lot out there, a cord might be the best.. potentially even burying one underground until the gazebo, such that you dont have a cord that's just sitting through the lawn all summer just waiting to get tripped on ;)