Setting goals? - low BR

I am fairly new to online poker. I'm a tight player.
I'm not trying to get rich or anything. I have $100 deposited in PokerStars.
I would like to make roughly $10/day playing poker. Just enough to go on
a nice trip, build up the BR, that sort of stuff.

What limit would you recommend?
Is this a resonable goal?
Any suggestions?

Comments

• What games do you play? For tournaments playing the $5 sit and goes is your best bet. If you play limit cash games try .25/.5. I wouldn't recommend NL cash games though yet.
  • Right now I am playing 0.05/0.10 NL
    It's a painful process but it keeps me out of trouble.
  • I'd agree with Sir Watts.
    I'd play the .25/.50 Limit and the 5.00 Sng's if you are a decent tourney player. There are 3.00 SNG turbo's, but, they turn into crap shoots early.
    The 1+.20 45 person SNG's aren't bad either for LOW br players if you are looking for practice/experience.
  • I haven't tried the Limit game. I find multiplayer tournaments to be a crap shoot as well. Plus the amount of time one takes to complete doesn't seem to be worth it. I could be wrong though.

Where is a good place for 0.25/0.50 PL ?
    Pokerstars never seems to have any tables.
  • I like Partys $5 Limit SnGs. They don't take long and the play is pretty soft.

Or search the forum for "PL Omaha". A few members here have done well at Party and Supreme. I personally haven't faired that well at PLO, but I'm a donk at it.

Good Luck,

JohnnieH
  • If you can play limit I would stick with that until you build your BR - there is a much lower degree of variance - and it better rewards your "Tight" playing style.

Many people enjoy Stars because of their tournies - but Party is the place to be for Cash games.

PL isnt a bad idea - however - dont be fooled into thinking you will lose less than NL - You will generally get to see cheaper flops, but by the time there are a few bets in their it becomes more aggressive than NL - Since POT becomes the standard raise.

Try limit - it is tedious at times - but use the down time to watch other players, how they bet; how they fold; what they call down. Use this knowledge combined with good starting hand requirements and you should get your $10 a day.
  • PLHE cash games are pretty well the same as NLHE cash games IMHO. YOu would be best off to play LHE and tourneys or SnG's with a $5 or less buy in.
  • I would definately go with limit. less chance of going bust, and there are a ton of morons waiting to get their money taken
  • First, get your money out of stars and into Party.

Second, make sure you get a deposit bonus and, ideally, set up a rakeback through an affiliate before you sign-up.

Bonus whoring is a good idea for low limit, you should not be playing anywhere at the start without clearing a bonus at the same time. I would recommend checking out the crypto sites for monthly bonuses and low-limit play as well. interpoker.com, sunpoker.com, pokerplex.com. Also, go through an affiliate link to get rakeback on these sites before downloading. I use rakebacks.com for most sites other than Party, although these days I play almost exclusively on Party.

Good Luck.