Neteller Card

Has anyone gotten the Neteller ATM card? I was thinking rather that double converting trying the card when I travel to the US. Looking for anyones experiences using it.

Comments

• I know this likely doesn't help too much but..

I used/use the Paypal ATM card and it was perfect. Just like your bank card, no problems ever. I would assume Netteller would have a card of similar quality.
  • I think the card is a bit of a scam. Check out the "fees" associted with using the card. (This is taken from their website; I'm going to assume your account is in USD)

Withdraw: $2.00
    ATM Cash Advance: $1.50 (not sure how this is different from the above)
    Point of Sale: $0.75
    Balance Inquiry: $1.00

and my personal favorite...

Dormant Card Charge: $5.00

A dormat card is a card not using in the last 30 days!! LOL If it wasn't for that last item, I likely would have gotten a card, since the other "fees" aren't too different from withdrawing money from a competeing institution's ATM.

Rob.
  • I think the cheapest way to get a hold of your money is to use Neteller to put everything into Party Poker and get them to mail you a check in USD for free. The cheques apparently come pretty quick and then you can cash the cheque or put it in a USD account.
  • Zithal wrote:

I have the card and I got it almost a year ago but I have never used it and have never been charged a dormant card charge. Of course it's entirley possible that I haven't activated it. I didn't read anything that came with it. Just threw it in the office and haven't thought about it till this post.
  • Zithal wrote:
    I think the card is a bit of a scam.  Check out the "fees" associted with using the card.  (This is taken from their website; I'm going to assume your account is in USD)

Withdraw: $2.00
    ATM Cash Advance: $1.50  (not sure how this is different from the above)
    Point of Sale: $0.75
    Balance Inquiry: $1.00

and my personal favorite...

A dormat card is a card not using in the last 30 days!!  LOL  If it wasn't for that last item, I likely would have gotten a card, since the other "fees" aren't too different from withdrawing money from a competeing institution's ATM.

Rob.
    Rob, the "dormant" card $5. only applies if you move money to your ATM card from your Neteller account and don't do anything with it for 30 days. In other words the ATM card does NOT give you instant access to the balance in your Neteller account. You have to deliberately transfer from you Neteller account to your card before using it. I believe this process takes up to 1 hr. I am not sure if the transfer can be done via phone or not though. I have only done it online.
  • I have one and been using it for 2 years and love it. Only fee I ever pay is the $2 to transfer money to it and the $1.50 at the atn that the bank charges you. It takes like 2 minutes to transfer to it and its done..
  • SocietyRed wrote:
    I have one and been using it for 2 years and love it. Only fee I ever pay is the $2 to transfer money to it and the $1.50 at the atn that the bank charges you. It takes like 2 minutes to transfer to it and its done.. 

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I don't know what all those other charges are that Zithal posted, but I have only ever been charged the $2.00.
  • Just so I'm clear, I would have to win to withdraw money, right?
  • You don't have to win, I just keep depositing to my neteller account so my bankroll grows...... I never said anything about winning.
  • Ahhhhhhhha...then I'm in, sign me up.

MDS, Joe, SOS...anyone playing any tournies this weekend?
  • Biggest problem is the double conversion.  I have a USD neteller account.  However, if I were to put money on the Neteller card, it converts to CDN (your home currency) because I have a Canadian address.  If you're  travelling to the US you then get the conversion again.  I suppose it's ok if you're just going to take out CDN funds, but if you're hoping to avoid currency conversion when you're travelling to the US -- you can't via the Neteller card. 

And, then there's the pesky limit thing -- I believe 600 is the max you can withdraw in one day. There's no way of changing that. That especially bites.

Cheers
    Magi
  • Why not just open a USD bank account? I guess I'm fortunate in that I still have a Wells Fargo account from my time living in the US. I would imagine that a Canadian based USD account would allow direct USD deposits from neteller?
  • $1000 per 24 hours. No getting around it unless you want them to send you a cheque.
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    Why not just open a USD bank account?  I guess I'm fortunate in that I still have a Wells Fargo account from my time living in the US.  I would imagine that a Canadian based USD account would allow direct USD deposits from neteller?

It's one of the first things I did when I started playing online (opening a US account). That works best. The problem is the clearing of funds takes about 4 days for the transfer to work. But that's the way to go. So, when in Vegas open an account!

Cheers
    Magi
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    Why not just open a USD bank account?  I guess I'm fortunate in that I still have a Wells Fargo account from my time living in the US.  I would imagine that a Canadian based USD account would allow direct USD deposits from neteller?

No. From Canada you can only link a USD$ Neteller account to a CDN$ bank account. Been there, tried that.
  • If what you said is true lou, then it looks like I'll get double converted again. I wanted my neteller card to be in US dollars so I could use it in the US. Everything sucks being in canada now....strong dollar, and everyone jacking ya for fees.

And no GTA I'm not playing any tourney's. I'm sitting in an airport right now in Indi playing some heads up omaha.