Hand for analysis

Late stages of an 88 player MTT. I was currently sitting about 9th of 17 left. Garrett was playing a pretty straightforward game.

Would love some feedback as this hand really set me back.

Game #596979669: $10 + $1 Tournament (3804044), Table 10 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 9:33:28 ET - 2006/04/27
Seat 1: salta1159bc (6,808)
Seat 3: bakeryboy (10,380)
Seat 4: kirbaintnorooki (7,290)
Seat 5: RandomActs (7,347)
Seat 6: garrett 1826 (10,615)
Seat 7: Parkanzky (4,220)
Seat 8: danny and gg (3,295)
kirbaintnorooki posts the small blind of 100
RandomActs posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RandomActs [3c Th]
garrett 1826 calls 200
Parkanzky folds
danny and gg calls 200
salta1159bc folds
bakeryboy folds
kirbaintnorooki calls 100
RandomActs checks
*** FLOP *** [4c 3d 2s]
kirbaintnorooki checks
RandomActs bets 400
garrett 1826 calls 400
danny and gg folds
kirbaintnorooki folds
*** TURN *** [4c 3d 2s] [Ts]
RandomActs bets 400
garrett 1826 raises to 800
RandomActs calls 400
*** RIVER *** [4c 3d 2s Ts] [Qh]
RandomActs bets 400
garrett 1826 raises to 2,600
RandomActs calls 2,200
*** SHOW DOWN ***
garrett 1826 shows [2d 2c] (three of a kind, Twos)
RandomActs mucks
garrett 1826 wins the pot (8,400) with three of a kind, Twos
RandomActs: gh
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 8,400 | Rake 0
Board: [4c 3d 2s Ts Qh]
Seat 1: salta1159bc didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: bakeryboy (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: kirbaintnorooki (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: RandomActs (big blind) mucked [3c Th] - two pair, Tens and Threes
Seat 6: garrett 1826 showed [2d 2c] and won (8,400) with three of a kind, Twos
Seat 7: Parkanzky didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: danny and gg folded on the Flop

Comments

• There are a couple of hands here that a limper might play that have you beat up-and-down early in the hand. 56, A5, quickly come to mind. Now I play a pretty conservative game and try to figure out what the "best hand" is out there at any time. I might try a re-raise after the turn bet/raise to define my hand more. If he calls a re-raise, I am probably done with the hand right here unless I really feel he is drawing with pocket spades.

The "hey, I made a decent hand out of nothing" blinders get me sometimes too. This was a tough one. Did you rebound? Make the money?
  • Tough hand.  You should bet about 3/4 of the pot on the turn since his most likely hand is still a draw, if he puts in a strong raise on top of that still maybe you can find a fold.  As tyou played it I would just call down after his min-raise on the turn and hope he doesn't bet too much on the river (you haven't shown much strength he probably won't), the blocking bet on the river just gets you into more trouble. 
  •   Did you rebound?  Make the money?

No, ran into a monster a few hands later and then got rivered for my last $1000 and finished in 16th. Top 9 pay.
  • Look at it from his point of view: if he is a straightforward player, I assume he would be putting you on a pair or small overpair, combined with a straight draw. His raise on the turn is telling you that he can/hoping to (with a draw of his own) beat that. On the turn he could be min raising you with a midpocket, or maybe a suited A flush draw.

However, since he is straight forward, the river raise further defines his hand. You can assume he isn't making such a large raise on the river with a busted straight draw or flush draw or even a midpocket pair, since there are now 2 overcards on the board. You are beat with at least a better 2 pair.
  • three things i see:
    1. don't bet the flop
    2. bet more on the turn (2/3 to the full pot seems good)
    3. i check call down after turn minraise... notice the typical slow play: FC flop, and raise turn...
  • Ok people listen up. Great tip you'll ever get for online poker. All the thousands of noobs in online play raise the MINIMUM ammount when they have a monster, i.e trips or better. Seriously consider laying down two pair when they min raise, or call and try to check it down, if they go all in, then thats the sign to get out.